Post-Game Talk: Corks are Popping! Habs 5-2 over Jets

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, i dont do pronostics on a game to game basis.

Also What he did in TB means jack. This is a different team with different players.

But those are the best barometers of him 'stepping up' when the games mean something. What are your examples of him evaporating in big games?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The draft was started. And they knew what they were trading at the time, selection rank was set and players availability for the 2nd round was more or less known.

Doesn't mean Chicago has to draft DeBrincat. Teams, including Chicago, likely have around 20-30 guys slated to go in that area.

A team trading up to a position is still just trading picks

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Really liked what Julien said at the post-Game, something along the line of "doesn't matter what others think of us positively or negatively, what is important is the team,what we think of us internally in the room". It's a good "us against the World" mentality. I bet he was using that with Boston too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gallagher had two assist tonight. Look where he is when the goals are being scored.

First goal by Drouin:
1st goal.png

4th goal by Danault:
4th goal.png

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
To be fair your statement still remains an assumption until it actually happens.... it is not only an assumption but premature as well. You also come and say this while drouin is red hot :laugh: what were you expecting man haha

No i was agreeing with some one’s post about trading him.

I think hes the kind of guy that’s gonna disapear just like casperetty did. I mean i have 2 years of data to make my assumption.

I dont see how him being red hot for a few games contradicts my statement.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Really liked what Julien said at the post-Game, something along the line of "doesn't matter what others think of us positively or negatively, what is important is the team,what we think of us internally in the room". It's a good "us against the World" mentality. I bet he was using that with Boston too.
Everybody has bought into what Claude is selling and it's a beautiful thing.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

I think hes the kind of guy that’s gonna disapear just like casperetty did. I mean i have 2 years of data to make my assumption.

Pacioretty isn't 23 entering his prime.

Reactions: Cacaniemi

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We will see, i mean what if he performs like tonight and becomes a vital part of lets say a toronto match up in the playoffs, his reputation and popularity here would sky rocket to maybe a pk level... and pk was my favorite player. We will have to give him a chance and support him

He’ll never sky rocket to PK level. PK has his flaws as well, but he was relatively consistent. That’s something Drouin certainly doesn’t have. Atleast not now. And he has a very long way to go to get there.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

I'd bet it'sd along the lines of "these 4 games" .."lets prove to the NHL we are for real" ...that's the in room talk from the coaches

CJ wants the boys to not get too over confident..be happy with the result so far..but we got more work to do etc..

Last edited:

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018

Im not saying it contradicts your statement as much as im saying dont expect people to agree with your assumption. Like i said your statement has no merit because its an ASSUMPTION. Our team was terrible as a whole last year so you shouldnt base your assumption on that and as for his playoff points drouin has 14 points in 17 games in one year which you can say was a diffrent team but our team was diffrent last year as well in a year the organization tried to jam him at center. Just give this guy a chance atleast to show himself in the playoffs before you assume that he will dissapoint.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Doesn't mean Chicago has to draft DeBrincat. Teams, including Chicago, likely have around 20-30 guys slated to go in that area.

A team trading up to a position is still just trading picks

You do realize that HFHabs knew that trade would end up costing us at least one of Girard or DeBrincat. Don't act like the Habs had no idea about the value of their picks, they knew. Don't act like the Habs had no idea on who they were passing on, they knew. They did the trade anyway.

Now if that help you to sleep at night, yeah they just traded "picks", sure why not. But it is sure not equivalent to picks traded at the deadline (which was your original statement).

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I paid a lot of attention to Yoel Armia tonight, he has to be one of the best players I have ever seen at stripping pucks away from opposing players. He is masterful at it, not a great goal scorer or point producer but a solid player nonetheless. He sort of reminds me of a winger version of Lars Eller. That line was very good in a shutdown role tonight and The eagle was solid and smart and you can see that he is really gaining confidence. Really nice effort from all of our guys tonight.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
He’ll never sky rocket to PK level. PK has his flaws as well, but he was relatively consistent. That’s something Drouin certainly doesn’t have. Atleast not now. And he has a very long way to go to get there.
Well i wouldnt say hell never get to pk level and like i said im as big a pk fan as anyone, Im part of the minority on this board who would still rather pk. Consistency will be judged through time and drouin has been with us two years now (one in which everyone played subpar and the offense was non existant, trying to play a position which he had a ton more defensive responsibility )all im saying is that it takes time to realize if hell always be this inconsistent player or not. You can argue pk became inconsistent at the end with his last season here where he did subpar as well. If jonathan drouin is inconsistent in 2-3 years i will change my mind but so far he is on pace for 70 points if im not mistaken. We will see more this post season

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I paid a lot of attention to Yoel Armia tonight, he has to be one of the best players I have ever seen at stripping pucks away from opposing players. He is masterful at it, not a great goal scorer or point producer but a solid player nonetheless. He sort of reminds me of a winger version of Lars Eller. That line was very good in a shutdown role tonight and The eagle was solid and smart and you can see that he is really gaining confidence. Really nice effort from all of our guys tonight.

Stripping. It's a living, I guess.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

I hope they announce a contract extension ....

The only reason he's here is because the young MINT
was a fan of him....worked out well.

Reactions: OldCraig71

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

More effective than Eller. It's such a tease when you hear that his teammates think he has the best wrister on the team. God if he ever regained his upside we'd be a team to be reckoned with in a few years. Still he creates A LOT out there. He looked kind of bland and lacking in urgency at the beginning of the year but now he's such a damn beast.

Reactions: OldCraig71

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Here's some stats that have sort of snuck up on us.

Garbage Phil Danault up to 40 points in 55 games to go with a team leading plus 22

Mete quietly has put himself 2nd in plus minus at plus 20

Weber has racked up 20 points in 31 games and is a plus 17. I definitely was not expecting him to be that good coming off a ridicously long layoff and no camp under his belt.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Drouin is the type of player that always plays better when the stakes are higher. He's been like that his whole career. He'll be one of our best once the playoffs start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad