Waived: Corey Tropp; claimed by Columbus

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Oh well. Good luck with your career, Tropp. In return, I demand the Blue Jackets waive Nick Foligno. :naughty:

Zippster

Nov 13, 2011
Hamburg, NY
and gone to Columbus, terrible move and even though all the brain trusts here guaranteed he wouldnt be claimed, he was. They need to clear some dead weight but theres worse making more all over this team.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'm fine with this. The kid clearly lost his game. Would have been nice to let him try and find it on the farm, but oh well. I wish him the best.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Oh well.

I suspect the same crowd that dislikes waiving Tropp is the same crowd that disliked when the team waived Thorburn.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
This is like intentionally leaving $10 on the sidewalk in front of your house when you are poor. Losing the money alone isn't going to kill your future, but why do it? I could name 10 players on the roster I think factor into the team's future less than Tropp could have, and several guys we already know WOULD have made it through waivers. Not a good start from Lafontaine, IMO.

If you are trying to build a culture of compete and don't care too much about winning this season, Tropp should have been allowed the chance to improve while he out-competed most of the other guys on the team. No reason not to keep him.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Small but subtle move...This will pay off down the line..We now have that roster spot open for someone who will be useful to the team....Tropp was never going to be a "game changing" 3/4 liner if you know what I mean.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Fourth-liners can be added via free agency or the waiver wire easily. People are seriously overstating how "bad" this is for the organization. Tropp became a liability for the team and for himself (by playing recklessly).

This is Nolan/LaFontaine creating a culture of accountability and making players earn their keep. Under this regime, nobody is entitled to or being gifted a spot.

Tropp was playing awful. He wasn't earning his keep even if he was working hard. He was demoted as such. It could happen to anyone -- Nolan said so himself -- and Tropp played worse than anyone else under Nolan.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Happy for Tropp. Sometimes this is exactly what a player needs to get back on track. Good luck to him in Columbus.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Even if Tropp never ends up being a fixture in a teams top-9 I still would've liked to hold on to him, just like the way he plays the game. And he would've gotten enough time and opportunity to keep working on his game here.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Even if Tropp never ends up being a fixture in a teams top-9 I still would've liked to hold on to him, just like the way he plays the game. And he would've gotten enough time and opportunity to keep working on his game here.

you like players who play the game poorly

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
you like players who play the game poorly

I don't judge players based on a nine-game stint on the worst team in the league after just coming off a series of injuries. No doubt Tropp was bad this season, but I don't think we should give up on young players so quickly, especially if they have shown promise and hustle in the not so distant past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad