Waived: Corey Tropp; claimed by Columbus

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Another young guy gets send away. Surprise surprise.

Play them vets and leaders. Lol

zero39

Dec 15, 2005
No one should be surprised by this. Is there any slower skater in the NHL? Yes, he hustles and hits but he has no offensive game, doesn't kill penalties and doesn't seem to have any skills that make him useful for an NHL team. I see this as an opportunity to up the talent level of the team a little. D'Agostino once scored 21 goals in a season. I'd be surprised if Tropp scored 21 goals in his career.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Id be shocked if he isnt claimed.

He is cheap so a team like Calgary or Edmonton would take a flyer on him and see what he has.

If he was making $3M or so nobody would claim him--but his salary is very reasonable.

That is also why many teams put a waiver claim on D'Agostini

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
It's pretty obvious why he was waived.

Creepiest moustache on the team.

1476501_10151979110522954_231881743_n.jpg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Id be shocked if he isnt claimed.

He is cheap so a team like Calgary or Edmonton would take a flyer on him and see what he has.

If he was making $3M or so nobody would claim him--but his salary is very reasonable.

That is also why many teams put a waiver claim on D'Agostini

Dags is a vet
big difference

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Someone will look at Tropp ... and see his advanced defensive stats and probably let him pass through.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I liked him a lot in his first stint a few years ago, but he is NOT the same player. I don't know if I've seen anything from him this year at all (granted, in limited viewings).

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Another young guy gets send away. Surprise surprise.

Play them vets and leaders. Lol

He's not that young and has virtually stunk this season. I loved his game two seasons ago, but he isn't playing near that level right now.

I've watched him fail to win a battle along the wall inside our blue line multiple times this season, I've also seen him fail to get the puck out of the zone with no pressure on him multiple times.

Just can't have that from a bottom 6 player. He needs to win battles and needs to be responsible defensively, otherwise why is he playing. He can't or hasn't fought since the injury, and has been best known for being blown up multiple times this year. Seems very weak on his skates too.

So what's the problem with him being waived again?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Good. I like this shake up and I think once the new GM comes in he should start weeding thru these talentless draft picks majority of us think are gonna be great.

Tropp BUST
Adam BUST

and the list goes on....

anyone who thinks Tropp was/is an asset to a rebuilding team needs to let go of the homerism. Not every draft pick will cut it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Good. I like this shake up and I think once the new GM comes in he should start weeding thru these talentless draft picks majority of us think are gonna be great.

Tropp BUST
Adam BUST

and the list goes on....

anyone who thinks Tropp was/is an asset to a rebuilding team needs to let go of the homerism. Not every draft pick will cut it.

:laugh: How far does the list go on for exactly... seems like that about covers it.

Getting rid of these players isn't necessarily a positive. We do have a team in Rochester, you know. If they're useful there, there's no reason to outright get rid of them until their contracts run up.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
:laugh: How far does the list go on for exactly... seems like that about covers it.

Getting rid of these players isn't necessarily a positive. We do have a team in Rochester, you know. If they're useful there, there's no reason to outright get rid of them until their contracts run up.

The list???

Myers right now is a bust.
Ennis right now is a bust.
Weber bust.
Grigs so far bust.
Armia hasn't played yet.
Zads looks good but jury out.
RR looks good but jury out.
Foligno has good looks but jury out.
Girgs looks good but jury still out.

So who exactly over the last five years or so is a legit, contributing NHLer, drafted and on the Sabres by the Sabres?

I realize I'm a little harsh on Myers/Ennis but would they be top players on a decent team? I hope I'm wrong but to me, our drafting hasn't been that good, mediocre just like he team.

As for Tropp, another undersized, under skilled Regier guy that we love bc he hustles....like every NHLer is supposed too.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
The list???

Weber bust.
Grigs so far bust.
Armia hasn't played yet.

I stopped reading at "Myers right now is a bust."

You don't know what you're talking about.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The list???

Weber bust.
Grigs so far bust.
Armia hasn't played yet.

So who exactly over the last five years or so is a legit, contributing NHLer, drafted and on the Sabres by the Sabres?

I realize I'm a little harsh on Myers/Ennis but would they be top players on a decent team? I hope I'm wrong but to me, our drafting hasn't been that good, mediocre just like he team.

As for Tropp, another undersized, under skilled Regier guy that we love bc he hustles....like every NHLer is supposed too.
:laugh:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The list???

Weber bust.
Grigs so far bust.
Armia hasn't played yet.

Not a single one of those players you listed is a bust. It's hilarious that the jury is out on the young players who you say looked good, but not the ones who looked bad.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Picking up D'Agostini is a mild surprise to me, but waiving Tropp is not. As mentioned, he is an AHLer right now. And he may not be the last these coming weeks/months.
Within the context of what you're calling potential busts, your assessment of Zadorov and Ristolainen, who were just drafted a few short months ago, is the jury is out? I guess technically that's accurate, but wow.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Not a single one of those players you listed is a bust. It's hilarious that the jury is out on the young players who you say looked good, but not the ones who looked bad.

This.

Someone likes to use "bust" quite liberally :laugh:

Sorry he couldn't cut it. Good luck elsewhere.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Doubt he gets claimed, every team has their own Corey Tropp. I like him and wish him well...

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Tropp hustles but that's about it...he seriously lacks talent....Hopefully someone claims him so we free up a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad