Waived: Corey Tropp; claimed by Columbus

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
That's surprising. My only guess is that they recognize what we're all seeing--that he gets lit up way too much--and don't think he has the ability to make it through an 82-game season. Still, I thought he may be a secondary or tertiary piece in a trade. I could see him getting claimed.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Shame, really liked Tropp. Should have gotten some more time to get back to his game after the string of injuries he had.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Tropp simply hasn't been all that good. If he gets claimed on waivers, so be it...not a big loss. In five years nobody is going to be like "can't believe we let this guy get away :shakehead "

And he might very well clear, in which case good for the Amerks.

Don't have an issue with this. Tropp for D'Agostini might be a lateral move, or change for the sake of change, but that's not necessarily a bad move for this team that needs a culture shakeup.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I'm pretty surprised by this, but I think he'll clear. I would have rather seen them send down a guy like Foligno to light a fire underneath him rather than potentially lose an asset with a little bit of value like Tropp. Or just send Adam, who's still waiver-exempt before he plays 10 games or spends 30 days here, back to Rochester.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I don't know if anyone claims him. He is banged up and slower after his knee injury. He plays with grit but he has not been all that impressive thus far this year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think it's clear he should be playing in the AHL right now until (unless?) he gets his game right. He might get claimed, but there's a pretty good chance he makes it through considering anyone claiming him has to keep him up and he's playing poorly.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
I think it's clear he should be playing in the AHL right now until (unless?) he gets his game right. He might get claimed, but there's a pretty good chance he makes it through considering anyone claiming him has to keep him up and he's playing poorly.

True. Didn't think of it that way.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'm a fan of what Tropp can bring to the table, but he's been awful. If he gets claimed, so be it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Admittedly i haven't watched too many games the past couple weeks. I had no idea he was playing so bad.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I would have been upset if the 2011 Tropp got waived but this new and not improved version is not the same. I'm guessing his body is still not up to speed. I dont know if it is the knee or brain but he lacks a certian zip we all saw two years ago.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Tropp sucks. He's a dime a dozen AHL caliber player who doesn't belong on a NHL roster. Good riddance hopefully he gets claimed. I never liked him and I despised the fact he actually was on a line with Vanek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad