Player Discussion Corey Perry

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Seabiscuit?
Armia

images

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
That was the cleanest penalty shot goal we’ve had since Kovalchuk. Who I wish we resigned

Reactions: the

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I want to see him with better players, he’s proving that he still got some hockey left in the tank and deserves better.

Jul 6, 2016
I want to see him with better players, he’s proving that he still got some hockey left in the tank and deserves better.

I would like to see him with KK or Suzuki for a while, and Toffoli or Drouin on the left side.

Reactions: Dutronc

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Since he hasn't got great foot speed... why not give him powerplay time? He has the skills and the vision. In a slowed pace, liked a set-piece powerplay, could make for an interesting puzzle piece

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Dude's only 35.....Spezza still playing great at 37.He is one of the most skilled forwards on the team at his age.2 years for 1.5 per year.He never takes a shift off.

Reactions: Habs13

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Since he hasn't got great foot speed... why not give him powerplay time? He has the skills and the vision. In a slowed pace, liked a set-piece powerplay, could make for an interesting puzzle piece

Some would say the only reason he IS in the line up is the PP lol

it would look absolutely even worse without him, gotta keep him around just for that alone

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't take it as a given that all it will take is a contract from the habs, and Perry will be back automatically.

There were two things working against Perry this offseason. First thing is he only had 5 goals. I know he had a strong playoff, but still, does that sound like a must add player?

Secondly, the uncertainty of the pandemic made most teams tighten their purse strings, which is also one of the reasons that I believe toffoli fell on the habs lap at a bargain price.

Fast forward to today, Perry already has more goals than all of last season, and teams probably see light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the pandemic and their financial outlook.

This all means that Perry should have a few more options next year if he decides that he wants to continue to play, and assuming that he's in it for his best cup chance, there would be a several teams ahead of the habs in that respect.

Unless Perry really likes it in Montreal, and finds this place to be a key to his success, I can easily see him sign a one year deal elsewhere, because he will have more demand the way things are going.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad