Player Discussion Corey Perry

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I wonder what the return was before the beginning of the season for Perry to score 15 or more goal this season. He's already at 9.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Best acquisition, outside of Allen.

Sign him now Bergevin you loser.

indeed... let's hope he's loving playing for an original 6 team and in the depth/mentor role he's been in and doesn't instead seek a pay day off of his play this year.

i'd even go 2 years if he wanted the security and would take 1.5M or less... but if some team is willing to give him 3 @ 2m+? not sure i'd go there.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I wonder what he’ll cost this summer.

He’s surely outplayed his 750k cap hit.

I’d expect him to be in the 1.5M range with heavy bonuses.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
True but with covid and cancelled games , it helps. Season is almost over let's not forget that
There’s still what 22 games left in a condensed schedule....I’m starting to get concerned he’s going to get hurt playing this kind of TOI. He was brought in for the playoffs to play 4th line and help PP, not be the go to scorer...

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Whenever i watch him, i pinch myself at how terrible this organization has been since 30 years at drafting quality forwards.

Perry is just a natural scorer with smarts and size. We haven't drafted scorers nor big bodies with skill upfront since patches, and before him Leclair. Yikes

No wonder we haven't won anything

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Perry is coming back.

Good on Bergevin for scraping up a forgotten peice, but I'm convinced some teams closer to cup contention will come knocking for his services this time around, barring a major injury.

I think Perry will go to the best contender that he gets an offer from.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Good on Bergevin for scraping up a forgotten peice, but I'm convinced some teams closer to cup contention will come knocking for his services this time around, barring a major injury.

MB fluked out again with a hot Toffoli and Perry, had those guys not be scoring, Habs would be in more of a mess. They are just saving his bacon for the time being.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Why would MB trade Perry when the Habs are assured (99% chances right now) to make the playoffs and the teams lack competent wingers?

Reactions: 26Mats

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
There’s still what 22 games left in a condensed schedule....I’m starting to get concerned he’s going to get hurt playing this kind of TOI. He was brought in for the playoffs to play 4th line and help PP, not be the go to scorer...

He's averaged 13 minutes this year with 2 of those minutes on the PP, he'll be fine. Last night he played the most minutes of the year but he's generally in the 13-14 minute range.

Reactions: 26Mats

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Perry had no contract offers last off-season despite having an excellent playoffs and scoring a few goals in the finals. Perry has a cup already, at this point in his career I doubt he wants to move around much more so I think there is a good chance he comes back.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
We should definitely sign him... Most probably a raise but we need to keep it reasonable as the cap is tight.

He was a Habs fan growing up and he made 86 millions over a career that spanned the biggest bull market in history. My guess is that unless he was really stupid, he is worth well over 125 millions and that Corey Perry the business makes much more money than Corey Perry the player at this point.

I doubt he leaves a good situation over 250k but who knows.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why would MB trade Perry when the Habs are assured (99% chances right now) to make the playoffs and the teams lack competent wingers?

I'm not talking about trade. I'm talking about offseason. Isn't Perry on a one year deal or am I mistaken?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
When it comes to Perry, his future in Montreal will depend on him since I can see Bergy wanting to bring him back. The question is, if other teams come calling this time, will Perry opt to stay or will he go to deeper contender?

Mav1208

Mar 11, 2021
I think Perry has made enough money, that he can consider other factors when choosing a team. His late signing and lockdowns meant that he had to leave his family back in Ontario. That makes it hard for us to sell him on the city. Having teammates like Suzuki that he can spend the summer training with in London might be a plus.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think Perry has made enough money, that he can consider other factors when choosing a team. His late signing and lockdowns meant that he had to leave his family back in Ontario. That makes it hard for us to sell him on the city. Having teammates like Suzuki that he can spend the summer training with in London might be a plus.
There’s an entire London & London Knights contingent on this team - Anderson, Suzuki, Mete

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

zero percent chance that happens.

EDIT: I thought you meant this year.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
On a team full of fast skaters taking 30 foot wrist shots Perry is an example of what we need more of. I've said it since he got on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad