Friedman: Corey Perry speculation. Perry to the Flames?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Perry (2.6m retained/6m) + Steel for Brouwer + Fox

A different prospect could be swapped with Fox.
Only way i would accept Perry

Ducks aren't giving up a top prospect to move Perry. They can shop him to all 30 teams, and that's if they even go down the road of convincing him to waive his nmc.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You guys are aware that the reason Calgary was mentioned, was because he was on the Fan 960; Calgary's local sports radio station.

Doesn't make sense, so it won't happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Literally all Friedman said is playing with Gaudreau and Monahan could work at reviving Perry's game.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Literally all Friedman said is playing with Gaudreau and Monahan could work at reviving Perry's game.

Yeah it really doesn't seem like there's anything to read into here. I'd imagine if Perry were to agree to a move at this point, he'd likely want to head to the east for the lighter travel and proximity to home/family.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Maybe something around Bennett and Silfverberg. Perry is not an option unless Brouwer is going the other way.
Uhh, no. I know Flames fan hate us and think all our guys are trash but Silf is a much better player than Bennet. No point in even entertaining that idea.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
They'd probably be eating 3 million at least. Perry at 8.5 is an awful contract. Perry at 5.5 has good value.
Eating 3 million for 3 years is basically like losing your 1stline RW AND a players salary on the third line. I doubt they would retain that much

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Uhh, no. I know Flames fan hate us and think all our guys are trash but Silf is a much better player than Bennet. No point in even entertaining that idea.

No, Flames fans know more than anyone that Ducks players aren't trash.
They've always enjoyed employing pricks, but their players/teams have always been far from trash.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No, there is no merit to what he says. He either wonders to himself in an article, which might as well be me writing an article, and radio guys regurgitate it as insider rumor, or he goes on the radio and wonders out loud because the host asked him a leading question about the local team.

So with all your opinions based on what he says makes it sound like we shouldn’t listen to em. Can we edit the prefix then HFBoards? Apparently Friedman is all jibber jabber and no merit. Take it out of the prefix of proposals when creating a thread then:thumbd:. Hogwash on your opinions and not facts regarding Friedman.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Perry (2.6m retained/6m) + Steel for Brouwer + Fox

A different prospect could be swapped with Fox.
Only way i would accept Perry

Fox isn’t worth a first line winger with a huge retention on em. And our arguably best NHL ready prospect. You better kick in a first rounder on top of that. That deal isn’t even close to considering.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Certain thoughts in isolation:

- I don't know any Flames fans who truly think the Ducks are trash. Dirt bags, sure. But there's many fans who think management was looking at the Ducks and 2011 Canucks as the inspiration blueprint for what the Flames will look like when they are close to contention.

- I am in agreement of a previous comment that this is Friedman musing that Perry on our 1st line could boost Perry's production. I agree he is probably not saying that the two clubs are close to a Perry to Calgary deal.

- Perry with Mony and JG would probably work. A physical presence and shooter would work well with that line.
- The unholy combination of Perry and Tkachuk would be a pure disgusting entertainment many fans around the league would enjoy. Tkachuk v Doughty is highly entertaining already. What happens if you add Perry?

- Ducks would not do the Flames a favour by giving a division rival a 1st line RW at 5 ish mil by retaining 3+ mil... unless it was some insanely crazy scorched earth plan designed to push their own team further down the standings (more losses to a division rival) to draft higher for a few seasons.
- The actual price the Ducks ask for would not makes sense to us, but the Ducks would be justified in asking for it.
- I really don't see how the salary works out for both teams for both teams to consummate a deal. I don't fully see a great fit in terms of assets available to swap either.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So with all your opinions based on what he says makes it sound like we shouldn’t listen to em. Can we edit the prefix then HFBoards? Apparently Friedman is all jibber jabber and no merit. Take it out of the prefix of proposals when creating a thread then:thumbd:. Hogwash on your opinions and not facts regarding Friedman.

I agree. Or are you being sarcastic?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I want no part of Corey Perry on the flames, guy is an absolute dirtbag, even if he was for free. Besides, he is in steady decline, only way it would make sense is if his salary could be retained to about 5M per year purely from a stats standpiont. Doubt he would waive to come to calgary though, there is bad blood between the teams, and doubt he would be wanted in the locker room either. He is one of the few players I would actively boo if he ever became a flame
You literally have matthew tkachuk lol

Reactions: Martin Skoula

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do think perry could work out well in calgary but the trade is just awkward to manage. Not sure the teams have the right pieces to make it happen

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is the problem with Freidman, and the problem with people's perception of Freidman.

He's a very good insider, maybe the best currently. But he mixes his rumors with his speculation. And a lot of people can't discern between the two and then try to discredit him for it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
These "this player can work there" will be quite common place.

Also in the part quoted he (Friedman) only says that he can see Perry fitting there.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Calgary is the one place I can think of where it would be interesting to see Perry at and where he might be better off at. However, it’s a horrible move for anybody to take him. If that’s Calgary’s big move then, yeah, it’s just the last strike against that management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad