Friedman: Corey Perry speculation. Perry to the Flames?

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Perry to Edmonton would be intriguing. hmmm.. Place him with Nuge and McDavid. Got some speed and skill with nuge/mcdavid and some grit/scoring touch with Perry. Just if his contract turns sour then ur strapped with Lucic and Perry. Those 2 would be a handful for some teams tho.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To correct 405Exit, he's a consistent 50 point player, not 60 point. That being said, at 5m, a 50 point player puts Perry at around the same value as players like Tyler Johnson and Jordan Eberle (in terms of $/P). That's some good company to be in at that price point.

I'm not here to shoot down any trade proposals because even the most outlandish, hypothetical ones are always fun to see and I think many of us come to this forums is just to see what kind of ideas other people have. I just wanted to put into perspective what kind of value Perry at 5m would have.
Same value as a 27 year old Johnson or 27 year old Eberle? No. Perry is a declining 50 point forward with 3 years left on his contract. In 3 years he may not even be a 30 point forward.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Same value as a 27 year old Johnson or 27 year old Eberle? No. Perry is a declining 50 point forward with 3 years left on his contract. In 3 years he may not even be a 30 point forward.

Speculation and not facts. Not sure why what you said was posted. It’s more of a insult than anything else. He holds value at 5 million whether you like it or not even at 50 pts per season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Speculation and not facts. Not sure why what you said was posted. It’s more of a insult than anything else. He holds value at 5 million whether you like it or not even at 50 pts per season.
He's already f***ing declining, that is a fact

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Monahan and the hospital bed that comes with him plus Brodie for Perry, Montour, and Hamilton and a 1st top 10 protected.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's already ****ing declining, that is a fact
His point production has been pretty steady over the past four seasons. And he's a decent 5v5 producer still--would've ranked third in ES points for the Flames this season in his 'down' year. There's no way to accurately measure decline before it happens. This is still Corey Perry at 32. He's still a player.

Reactions: 405Exit

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Don't worry Flames fans. At this time of year sports anaylists have nothing better to do than make up as they go along for the clicks.
If your GM's name isn't Peter Chiarelli, you don't need to worry about something crazy like this.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well obviously Perry will have retention before a trade is made. And Perry isn’t worthless he can still put up a good amount of points per season. Everyone here is making it sound like he’s worthless at this point in his career. He still holds value believe it or not. What the price exactly is? It’s up for debate.

No he is not worthless. At 8M+, he actually has negative value

They can probably sign a better FA for less

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Don't worry Flames fans. At this time of year sports anaylists have nothing better to do than make up as they go along for the clicks.
If your GM's name isn't Peter Chiarelli, you don't need to worry about something crazy like this.

Once upon we had a guy name Feaster. And a guy before that named Sutter.
Those times, things like these were realities.

As mentioned before. This was Freidman on the Flames home sports radio station just spitballing. I don't think the radio crew in Calgary (morning show) is even living in 2018. Listening to Rhett talk about hockey like it's 1998 is always magic.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Perry to Edmonton would be intriguing. hmmm.. Place him with Nuge and McDavid. Got some speed and skill with nuge/mcdavid and some grit/scoring touch with Perry. Just if his contract turns sour then ur strapped with Lucic and Perry. Those 2 would be a handful for some teams tho.

You know... There is a salary cap.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No he is not worthless. At 8M+, he actually has negative value

They can probably sign a better FA for less

Oddly enough, not really. There really aren't that many free agent forwards better than him, and that's before considering the specific fit.

I'm guessing the Flames would like to bring in a right handed RW, and boy there aren't a lot of options there. I really don't think it would happen for a few reasons but I actually think it'd make a ton of sense for the Flames to pursue it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad