Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry Signing with Tampa | 2 years, $1M AAV

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
i don't like this signing...

perry is gonna be 37 years of age right? hes gonna be older and slower than he was this past playoffs..

might as well get ready for the bolts not winning three in a row..

bad signing..

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I think they'll get to earn their chance still - his contract will be one we can always bury (same with Maroon). I don't know how next season is going to look w/r/t taxi squads, but that may be an option.

But - and we're talking really about Stephens, Raddysh, and Katchouk here - none of them are sure things. Hell - far from it. The AHL season was really weird this season and they looked good down there, but it's not something that I think we can bank on translating. I'm more comfortable going in with a lot of equivalent options for a few spaces and let the best of them win it than crossing our fingers and hoping *all* of them take a step.

I think limiting Perry's time during the regular season and using a Perry/Maroon line to slam our opponents in some key playoff matchups. Let's face it, the Isles and KittyKats were both very physical series and we'll need some beef to push back. Plus Perry and Maroon on PP2 off either post would drive our opponents nuts.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Very important piece to restructure the lost depth for another SCF trip. Bellemare, Maroon and Perry is going to be one hell of a mean 4th line JF !

I would kill to see all 3 of them coming out in pregame wearing Chiefs jerseys with those glasses on in honor of the movie Slapshot.

e4ffc37a83429ebea33a815278e48574.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It’s official

"We are excited to add Corey today, who brings with him a wealth of big game experience to the Lightning," BriseBois said. "He will be an excellent addition to the line-up and we are thrilled to add another high-character player to our group who can contribute to the organization's overall depth."

Reactions: Fan from AK

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Maybe it was the small sample size, but I definitely thought Perry was less of a dickbag this postseason. There were a lot of times where he was getting his ass kicked and just kind of...took it?...and I expected him to retaliate in some dirty way and it just never happened. Has he at all changed for the better, or am I just trying to justify us signing this worm?

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I like it.

More grit.

Plays tough in front of the net.

3rdline or 4th?

I would say 4th, with Maroon and rotating speed at center with the kids. Joseph needs to be on the Cirelli line with Stammer, Colton with Killer on the third with ABB.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Scorey Perry still has great hands, a sniper and will score those annoying in front of the net goals.

As a fan of him previously I’m excited but obviously nothing more than a 4th line guy.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Don't think I've ever seen the bolts take such an active free agency. Then again, never seen them win a Stanley cup back to back. The future for this franchise is going to be interesting.

Reactions: Zwui21 and Tiala

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I like this signing dude is a scrappy playoff performer. Wouldn’t mind him subbing out for the younger guys until playoffs start.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
i don't like this signing...

perry is gonna be 37 years of age right? hes gonna be older and slower than he was this past playoffs..

might as well get ready for the bolts not winning three in a row..

bad signing..
He will be 37, but not till May.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm a little bit afraid that we're getting too slow. We've had a great mix of speed and toughness in the last two years, and I think we might be losing that balance a bit much now. I can't imagine how slow a line with Perry and Maroon would be. I kind of want to alternate their game nights.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think limiting Perry's time during the regular season and using a Perry/Maroon line to slam our opponents in some key playoff matchups. Let's face it, the Isles and KittyKats were both very physical series and we'll need some beef to push back. Plus Perry and Maroon on PP2 off either post would drive our opponents nuts.
Might bring some much needed 4th line scoring depth. We lost the best 3rd line in hockey, but we might have the one of the best 4th lines nows. Come playoffs that's gonna be huge.

Reactions: Fan from AK

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm a little bit afraid that we're getting too slow. We've had a great mix of speed and toughness in the last two years, and I think we might be losing that balance a bit much now. I can't imagine how slow a line with Perry and Maroon would be. I kind of want to alternate their game nights.
Agreed.

I'm thinking that Maroon, Perry, and PEB are split up across the bottom six.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I like the signing but this is a fair concern. But Colton and Joseph will be interesting the bottom 6, so hoping one slow line won’t kill us.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Our line up is shaping up well. Doing the best we can given no way we could be stacked like last two years. Hopefully some of the young ones step up now they will get ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad