Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Perry appears to be contesting his termination.

So much bigger than Perry, I'm confident they pushed him because it has such an impact on all the players.

Shame on me for believing message board assertions that it would go away because of Perry's shame..

So here we go with the Gary-PA games. Wonder how much of this is about a few nickels for Perry that the Hawks don't care about or maneuvering for the next CBA.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
So much bigger than Perry, I'm confident they pushed him because it has such an impact on all the players.

Shame on me for believing message board assertions that it would go away because of Perry's shame..

So here we go with the Gary-PA games. Wonder how much of this is about a few nickels for Perry that the Hawks don't care about or maneuvering for the next CBA.
It’s about precedent for the NHLPA and their lobby. I would imagine (hopefully) or rather if I was Perry I’d want this to go away.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I feel like it's impossible for us to really judge unless we get something definitely blatant about what supposedly happened, as of course Bettman is going to side with a team on a contract dispute and of course Walsh is going to fight to make sure that players get every penny of their contracts. That's their jobs.

And yes, I know what has been said in various parts, but until there is a definite and officially given statement, it's still ultimately he said, she said.

Reactions: Pertti

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
IF it is an overreaction from the Hawks to terminate him, they basically had to overreact after the Beach scandal. They have to show without a shadow of doubt that any sort of sexual misconduct won’t be tolerated.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Gonna be honest, I came away with a very different interpretation than Perry contesting anything.
Yes, I should have wrote that the NHLPA seems to be contesting it and honestly, they probably should as representatives of the entire league. They need to clarify what is and isn't grounds. I'm sure Perry wants this to just go away.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Yes, I should have wrote that the NHLPA seems to be contesting it and honestly, they probably should as representatives of the entire league. They need to clarify what is and isn't grounds. I'm sure Perry wants this to just go away.
He's already be humiliated. I have never been in that spot but if I was going to have to endure a 2nd round of the same humiliation for nice chunk of change, it might not be so bad.

What could be worse than the speculation that already went on when the Hawks were silent and dark because they were too busy covering their rears from liability instead of managing PR?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
He's already be humiliated. I have never been in that spot but if I was going to have to endure a 2nd round of the same humiliation for nice chunk of change, it might not be so bad.

What could be worse than the speculation that already went on when the Hawks were silent and dark because they were too busy covering their rears from liability instead of managing PR?

Perry, got paid half his Hawks salary up front this year as a signing bonus. Based on what he's getting paid in EDM, after taxes and agent fees he's probably only out about $500K. Perry has career earning in excess of $92M. If it's me, I'm not sweating the $'s and just want it to go away. That said - he could be getting pressure from the NHLPA to defend every contract to avoid this being a precedent in the future.

Reactions: hockeydoug

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Perry, got paid half his Hawks salary up front this year as a signing bonus. Based on what he's getting paid in EDM, after taxes and agent fees he's probably only out about $500K. Perry has career earning in excess of $92M. If it's me, I'm not sweating the $'s and just want it to go away. That said - he could be getting pressure from the NHLPA to defend every contract to avoid this being a precedent in the future.
Definitely pressure from the PA. Has to be huge for them.

Who knows on the money? Is he looking at 1.6% of career earnings which is nothing, or 1.5 million as a nice sum by itself? Or is it just the principle of getting fired wrongly?

I have no idea.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

baby1.gif

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
As predicted, a resolution was always going to come about. The NHLPA was not going to just leave this alone. This was not just about Perry for the NHLPA.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Damn, Perry wins the lotto again.

Probably the full 4 million for a months work then gets to sign another contract and be on a team with McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad