Sportsnet: Corey Perry eligible to sign with NHL teams after meeting with Gary Bettman

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Hey Folks,

Just going to throw this out there. Please do not bring up the so called rumors or jokes about it. The past is the past and has nothing to do with this thread.

Appreciate it.

Thanks.
Pretty sure his off-ice problems are a relevant and valid discussion point. He’s 38. He arguably provides more value as a mentor than as a player at this point

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The leafs can’t afford not to sign him. Even with him I’m not sure they get past round 1

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Weird that not one poster has said they absolutely wouldn't want him on the team. I think every fan base wouldn't be upset with him on their team......until he signs with another team that is

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
No shot to canadian team

media is too heavy

I remember Jamie Mclennan describing the media in Florida, or lack thereof and how you have to do like 1/20th of the media sessions as you do in canada
Tell me you are a weak without telling me you are weak.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
The leafs can’t afford not to sign him. Even with him I’m not sure they get past round 1

Leafs tend to avoid these kind of players for media reasons. He would help the 4th for sure, but maybe as a voice in the locker room most of all. He's always found a way to chip in offensively in the post season, which is what we haven't got from our depth players.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Edmonton show strong interest in signing Perry. That scum bag would be welcomed there.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I would have thought he’d sit out the rest of the season and put some more distance between whatever happened but I guess at his age he can’t afford to do that.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
From a hockey perspective, he would fit very well on the Oilers

RNH - McD - Hyman
Kane - Drai - Gagner
Foegele - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I could see a lot of teams having interest, and he'd most likely come pretty darn cheap after everything that happened this year and with only half a season left.

I wonder if he already has a team or some teams in mind and that's why he requested the meeting if something is close to happening.

It's a pretty interesting scenario where I could see both playoff and non-playoff teams having interest in him. The only team I'm 100% certain he won't sign with is the Hawks.

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Leafs tend to avoid these kind of players for media reasons. He would help the 4th for sure, but maybe as a voice in the locker room most of all. He's always found a way to chip in offensively in the post season, which is what we haven't got from our depth players.
If Leafs don’t get one or two guys to deal with the likes of Bennett and Cousins cheap shots they will be out in the first round!

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
No shot to canadian team

media is too heavy

I remember Jamie Mclennan describing the media in Florida, or lack thereof and how you have to do like 1/20th of the media sessions as you do in canada

He’d do your 2 typical hockey interviews and the country will forget about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad