Sportsnet: Corey Perry eligible to sign with NHL teams after meeting with Gary Bettman

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Media scrutiny is heavier now than when he tried to get the Leafs to sign him a couple of years ago?

Take your own advice, you are arguing something I didn't mention.

Yes. Media scrutiny is heavier now since the Hawks-thing happened. I don't understand how you don't get that...

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He would definitely be a good fit for the Oilers who could use a guy that plays like him, has experience, and plays right wing.

Reactions: Homesick

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Canucks sign him for league min, for a chance at the cup.
I think he'll want to avoid a team that will be playing CHI again this season. He's going to have to deal with a media circus when he does finally sign and will probably want to avoid the distraction a second time(Canucks play them for the February 13th)

Just my theory though and could be completely out to lunch

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If you are paying league minimum, sure 9 points in 16 games is pretty good. If you are paying $4 million.... it's ok, not great, but not terrible either.
I hadn't watched any of the Hawks games.
I can stat watch too.
I'm asking: was he still an effective player? Was he getting burned on every other play?

I mean James Neal was cooked, but he still put up points as an Oiler.

I'm asking actual Hawks fans if he actually played WELL. You know.. from people who actually watched the Hawks for those 16 games.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I hadn't watched any of the Hawks games.
I can stat watch too.
I'm asking: was he still an effective player? Was he getting burned on every other play?

I mean James Neal was cooked, but he still put up points as an Oiler.

I'm asking actual Hawks fans if he actually played WELL. You know.. from people who actually watched the Hawks for those 16 games.

I actually watched a number of those games.. but then, prickly retorts don't often get results.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You already touched on it, so you're just being obtuse.
Willy got his contract based off of points
Matty got his contract based off his goals.

These are not the same thing with the same output.

Go away. You got nothing else to bring to the table.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Willy got his contract based off of points
Matty got his contract based off his goals.

These are not the same thing with the same output.

Go away. You got nothing else to bring to the table.
What in the world are you talking about? You get confused about the conversation?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think he'll want to avoid a team that will be playing CHI again this season. He's going to have to deal with a media circus when he does finally sign and will probably want to avoid the distraction a second time(Canucks play them for the February 13th)

Just my theory though and could be completely out to lunch
Who cares about Chicago? I doubt he would mind after all he did for that organization

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Still want him on the Pens. If Doobler can find a way to squeeze in his cap he's worth trying on the PP. Our org will not fire Mike Sullivan so getting a new face on the PP is the only way, as I see it.

Plus, he brings some snarl for divisional matchups which we need down the stretch (and don't currently have). The Metro is tight right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad