Coping with Covid-19 - Discussion continued as social distancing in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You never addressed ONE single issue or anything I said in my post. NOT ONE.

You just went off on the some other 'conspiratorial' tangent as you normally do.

Because your post is nonsense and I did address why NY has the most cases. Italy detected the virus OCT / NOV it was already out and the Chinese Narratives are proven BS already. Why would I bother when your whole post basically is just anti Trump hysterics. Did you see the Cuomo left ventilators in a warehouse, incompetence at its best.

Are you being serious right now or are you latched on to some stampede devoid of common sense and analytics. Give it some thought. Posting links to articles with Scholars is not conspiratorial tangent lol.

Reactions: mmalady

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They need more ventilators, the fact they have a stockpile doesn't make that less true. It's not like they were delivered and then just forgotten about it. Trump lied again, and his band of gas lighting twitter trolls are just trying to make it true, again. Stop turning politics into sound bites and twitter clips.

I don't know if I am in the twilight zone right now. I better check out of here lol

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I went for a nice bicycle ride, first of the year, I stop at a playground in the park and it has caution tape all around it, I start doing sets of push ups and pull ups (with gloves on) on the monkey bars and these to 2 ladies loose there shit on me, insulting me and video tapping me and trashing me to other people walking

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Because your post is nonsense and I did address why NY has the most cases. Italy detected the virus OCT / NOV it was already out and the Chinese Narratives are proven BS already. Why would I bother when your whole post basically is just anti Trump hysterics. Did you see the Cuomo left ventilators in a warehouse, incompetence at its best.

Are you being serious right now or are you latched on to some stampede devoid of common sense and analytics. Give it some thought. Posting links to articles with Scholars is not conspiratorial tangent lol.

Most of your links ARE conspiratorial BS as you said.

I am totally serious and most of the other posters on this forum are as well, so, thankfully, they don't pay too much attention to your 'conspiratorial' bs.

Seriously, you are full of conspiratorial BS. PERIOD.

Stop going on about how you post all these academic scholarly stuff, it's NOT ANY OF THAT.

Yes, I'm anti- Trump, and I don't have a problem saying that, he'll be personally responsible for a lot of the needless deaths when this thing is over. IMHO.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Sounds like some posters on here need to step back and get some fresh air.......... Oh, Wait!

People stamping their feet and throwing their meds out the window.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Most of your links ARE conspiratorial BS as you said.

I am totally serious and most of the other posters on this forum are as well, so, thankfully, they don't pay too much attention to your 'conspiratorial' bs.

Seriously, you are full of conspiratorial BS. PERIOD.

Stop going on about how you post all these academic scholarly stuff, it's NOT ANY OF THAT.

Yes, I'm anti- Trump, and I don't have a problem saying that, he'll be personally responsible for a lot of the needless deaths when this thing is over. IMHO.

Because I link to Cornell University, Doctors, Scientific Publications, Senators, Congress people. This all falls under conspiratorial? Are you sure you know what that means because I don't think it means what you think it means. It would be called counter arguments or alternate points of view considering professionals are saying it!

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I went for a nice bicycle ride, first of the year, I stop at a playground in the park and it has caution tape all around it, I start doing sets of push ups and pull ups (with gloves on) on the monkey bars and these to 2 ladies loose there shit on me, insulting me and video tapping me and trashing me to other people walking

I seriously don't get what would be wrong with going for a walk, a run or a ride if you don't go near anyone. It's almost like people are incapable of understanding the logic behind rules/laws. I'm going stir crazy here with a bunch of energy and I'm a mostly inactive middle aged dude. I can only imagine my teenaged self. I'd be bouncing off the walls wanting to do some physical activity. I want to at least go for a walk but I get the finger wag every time I suggest it.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Because I link to Cornell University, Doctors, Scientific Publications, Senators, Congress people. This all falls under conspiratorial? Are you sure you know what that means because I don't think it means what you think it means. It would be called counter arguments or alternate points of view considering professionals are saying it!

I followed a couple of the links you posted.

That's all it took. Seemed like BS.

I think i am capable of understanding a journal article that is credible versus one that is NOT.

You said you weren't interested in the guy that Joe Rogan had on his podcast, something like, not interested in a 'talking head', or something like that. But, the guy is an expert, with all kinds of credentials up the wazoo, published over 200 or 300 journal articles, reviews articles, etc etc etc, yet, you didn't think he was worth the time to listen to. ONe of the leading experts in the world, head of the University of Minn program on virus stuff - don't even know the title, it's so complicated.
Yet, you post these links to obscure articles, that, again, with a simple google, suggest, they are BS.

Yeah, that's hilarious!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I seriously don't get what would be wrong with going for a walk, a run or a ride if you don't go near anyone. It's almost like people are incapable of understanding the logic behind rules/laws. I'm going stir crazy here with a bunch of energy and I'm a mostly inactive middle aged dude. I can only imagine my teenaged self. I'd be bouncing off the walls wanting to do some physical activity. I want to at least go for a walk but I get the finger wag every time I suggest it.

lots of people walking out there, dont stay in, all playground equipment has been cautioned off i notice in all the parks i passed by on my ride yesterday, but people are walking ...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Sorry to be blunt but can we take the names of these people; and god forbid, if these people or their family require medical assistance at peak time due to COVID-19 and they are competing with other people who adhered to the rules; can these folks be put at the back of the line for endangering not only themselves, their friends and family but also other people in the society

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
:facepalm:

Really?

Guy is clearly explaining that the plan in case of disastrous event. You do not wait to build the 30K ventilators when you need them because by then it is too late; you build it now so that you have it available when you need it

:facepalm:
Cuomo had denied having ventilators in storage...until he admitted he had ventilators in storage in that clip

below she claimed Trump is with holding supplies yesterday ...

You should watch the movie The Hunt, its pretty good :)

Last edited:

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Hysterics lol, you know in the US there were already 30,000+ influenza deaths this season, that's before all this. This thing has been going around since OCT/NOV proven by Italy, and there are articles about that. China hid and destroyed test data. Lied about it in January as well. NY has more air traffic than almost anywhere else in the world and you wonder why?

Hilarious post, this ones epic like the rest of the hysterics in here.

Oh yeah, let me add, cause I'm boiling over a bit right now.

I"m really really sad about what is happening in New York.

A lot of folks are dying and a lot more are going to die.

Some of the models suggest New York City will be worse than Italy, so,that pains me a lot.

This is NOT hysterical or hilarious.

I wonder about whether you really have empathy and compassion, because, you seem to be a follower of Trump, and he doesn't seem to have much compassion or empathy.

Just recently, he called the Governor of Michigan a half wit or something like that, because, he doesn't like her, apparently.

This is the guy you look up to, .....

Reactions: PromisedLand

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Oh yeah, let me add, cause I'm boiling over a bit right now.

I"m really really sad about what is happening in New York.

A lot of folks are dying and a lot more are going to die.

Some of the models suggest New York City will be worse than Italy, so,that pains me a lot.

This is NOT hysterical or hilarious.

I wonder about whether you really have empathy and compassion, because, you seem to be a follower of Trump, and he doesn't seem to have much compassion or empathy.

Just recently, he called the Governor of Michigan a half wit or something like that, because, he doesn't like her, apparently.

This is the guy you look up to, .....
hope this helps ...

Governor of Michigan i think on CNN/NBC claimed Trump was with holding supplies yesterday ... Trump got mad at her for scaring people in her state an bsing

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
hope this helps ...

Governor of Michigan i think on CNN/NBC claimed Trump was with holding supplies yesterday ... Trump got mad at her for scaring people in her state an bsing

You get when they were saying the supplies were being held they didn’t have them yet. They shouldn’t have to be begging for vital equipment.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Maybe Trump should have been better prepared then. Instead everyone is scrounging and begging to get by.

Senator says White House turned down emergency coronavirus funding in early February
US was pulling people out of China in January ... dont let some bitter Dem give u bad takes

The officials, including Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, said they “didn’t need emergency funding, that they would be able to handle it within existing appropriations,”

i dont think funds were an issue at the time

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
US was pulling people out of China in January ... dont let some bitter Dem give u bad takes

i dont think funds were an issue at the time

That’s Trump’s administration saying more wasn’t needed. They were wrong, they weren’t prepared.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I was talking about discussing the quotes in that Twitter vid

Ok. They are factual quotes. Which one did you want to start with?

Maybe pick the one you want to go with and explain why you think it’s out of context or false or whatever...?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
That’s Trump’s administration saying more wasn’t needed. They were wrong, they weren’t prepared.

name a country that was prepared for this pandemic? I think only 3 countries in the world havent been hit yet, i could be wrong

and Coronaavirus Task Force was assembled late january and some senator in feb starts tweeting how he could help but was brushed off... its politics, looking for votes,etc

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My take on Trump handling this pandemic

- Early on he was somewhat slow to take this seriously, downplaying the severity and not getting prepared for a worst-case scenario is showing it's effects now. Inaction on testing and getting prepared for testing was a miss. That being said putting the travel restrictions in place was a solid move.

- Once it dawned on him that this was a serious issue he took some pretty good action in terms of social distancing, working with Canada on border closures and keeping supply chains open, as well as strategizing for aid. The execution on getting testing has been subpar. That in itself has been a big contributions to the spread of the virus.

- Then over the last week and a half he's taken so many steps back and is going the wrong way. I would be terrified if I lived down there. Moving to pull back on social distancing guidelines, wanting to put people back to work before they concretely have this under control, failing to deliver enough aid to the hospitals, toying with putting troops at the Canadian border, going back to downplaying the virus, and attacked political opposition, as well as the media.

Looking at the rate of the spread and his current strategy, he's gone from doing a decent job to an awful job handling this. And it's going to cost lives. You only have to listen to his press conferences to see how incompetent this man is. The last week has seen some epic face palm worthy moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad