Confirmed with Link: Cooper Marody traded to EDM for '19 3rd round pick

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
At first I was like holy shit we got a 3rd for Marody? Then I saw it was from Edmonton and proceeded to laugh. Dang Chia is a nutjob.

I don't think we would have signed Cooper. Too many prospects in the farm system. Hope he does well in Edmonton. Might be a while before we find out if this trade favors us or not.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At first I was like holy **** we got a 3rd for Marody? Then I saw it was from Edmonton and proceeded to laugh. Dang Chia is a nutjob.

I don't think we would have signed Cooper. Too many prospects in the farm system. Hope he does well in Edmonton. Might be a while before we find out if this trade favors us or not.

Honestly surprised it wasn’t Benning. He loves trading picks for older prospects.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think it’s more likely Marody wants to turn pro now, & the Flyers didn’t have room for that to happen.

After all, Marody had some academic problems at Michigan.
I wouldn't make too much out of the academic problems issue. He got mono and failed a course, nothing bad. If he wants to turn pro, which is not surprising, the Flyers don't need him now. Good move to give the kid a chance. Good smart, skilled player, but his odds of his ever being a Flyer were very thin. Sort of a Jordan Weal 2.0. Just a bit too slow and small to make an impact, too good for the AHL, perfect for Europe.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is one of those things that will potentially bother me for 15 years if he pans out. As such, I would have liked him kept and been the loser among RW prospects at the pro level and then traded or let go.

He could also have left for nothing just by going back for his senior season and then waiting a few months.

If the Flyers had kept Madsen's rights there's no way he would have signed here just to toil in the ECHL behind the eight goalies the Flyers have under contract (Elliot, Mrazek, Neuvirth, Lyon, Stolarz, Tokarski, Muse, Hart) and then possibly have to compete with Sandstrom, Tomek and Ustimenko in the next few years.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Potulny is an interesting comparison. They do seem quite similar.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Martel has NHL speed at the very least. We'll see next year how much the Flyers think of him.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Chances are slim to get an NHL player in round 6.
See a prospect develop for a couple of years to find out that he probably won't have much of a career here and then getting an opportunity to trade him for a future third round pick is just perfect in that situation. Can't do much better from Hextall's perspective.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Due to illness. It wasn't because he was doing anything wrong.

I’ll just say that I know plenty of kids who didn’t flunk school when they had mono, and it’s not like allowances aren’t made for things like that. And Coop still managed to find the energy to release an album during that ordeal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some schools don’t make their athletes walk the walk but I don’t think Michigan is one of those. Most of these kids would not be at those schools if it weren’t for their athletic ability. That’s why they have a lower admission standard for them compared to the regular students. So they know a fair amount of these kids could struggle on top of having a busy athletic schedule so there’s people in place to help these kids knowing that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I think Marody had the chance to win the “greatest riser” in our year prospect pool

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
frendly feeling out trade before the simmer/ haag to edmonton for rnh 1st round pick at the draft trade

3cfe908995138532f7253b5e12b357eb64537246_hq.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
At first I was like holy **** we got a 3rd for Marody? Then I saw it was from Edmonton and proceeded to laugh. Dang Chia is a nutjob.

At first, I was like "Holy ****, what day is it? Have I slept all the way through April and May?" I forgot that you could trade non-NHL guys now lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad