Confirmed with Link: Cooper Marody traded to EDM for '19 3rd round pick

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't like that it's NEXT year. But if you really dig into the forward group they have, I can see the issue. AHL adds next year will be:

Laberge
Rubtsov
Bunnaman
Twarynski

Possibly: Allison and Lacyzinski

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I have to assume he told the Flyers he wasn't signing here because of the logjam of prospects.

It sucks to see him go. A good prospect.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Also recouped that draft pick we lose for Mrazek.

With Marody and Madsen last year, Ron seems to be aggressive trying to get value for players he doesn't see as having a future here.
They are most likely giving up a 2018 3rd for Mrazek. This is a 2019 3rd.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I just thought maybe this is Hextall planning to sign Mrazek and lose next year's 3rd and he's recovering it.

God I hope that's not it.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Soon onto guys like Vecchione, Laberge, Fazleev, Ghoul, Leier, etc. to make room. Get a couple more picks.

I have to assume he told the Flyers he wasn't signing here because of the logjam of prospects.

He’s only a junior though. He would’ve gone back another year? There really isn’t a jam YET. He’d get out in front. And if the Flyers were offering him a contract next week, he’d be in the same position as the other college players. Dunno.

Flip side is the Flyers weren’t going to offer a contract this year, and he wanted to turn pro, and then he likely wouldn’t sign here. We will see if he goes back next year. I imagine not.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just thought maybe this is Hextall planning to sign Mrazek and lose next year's 3rd and he's recovering it.

God I hope that's not it.
Doubt it.

They don't have any additional picks after the 2018 draft. They only have their own picks. Just an opportunity to get a top 100 pick for a prospect they either weren't that high on or felt comfortable moving at a position of depth.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We turned Maroon into Dudek and Marody....can't tell if thats good or bad.
He looks like a bigger Caggiula (which to me isn't a good thing)

Can any Jersey fans give a quick scouting report?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Looking at Couturier, Patrick, Laughton, Frost, Vorobyev, Varone, Vecchione, Knight, Bardreau, Fazleev, Rubtsov, Bunnaman and Laberge already under contract would make me wanna stay in school, too.

Not all those guys will play center for the Flyers and Phantoms next year, but that’s still quite a list.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm fine with this. Alleviates a log jam and Marody was definitely the worst of our 3 big college guys this year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Any input? Looks to have good stats.

He's a slick offensive player with good hands. Not the most physical or powerfully built of players with a slighter build, very average skater (shifty but his stride is all-around meh), but no pushover either and is good in tight spaces with his hands. Maybe he tops out as a good AHLer scorer, but there’s enough there where it’s worth a shot. He plays center, but he will be a wing as a pro or at least should be. He will have to put up some scoring numbers if he’s going to make it because not a lot else about his game is that projecably NHL quality. Certainly won’t be a high floor 2-way, grinder type if the scoring doesn’t translate.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad