TSN: Cooke - Suspended 7 games.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Mike Rupp suspended 4 gms (which included 3 playoff gms) with no prior suspensions or even a fine his entire career. NHL= Inconsistent

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The real **** part is that if Minnesota is able to beat Colorado, he may even play again this season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The real **** part is that if Minnesota is able to beat Colorado, he may even play again this season.

If the Wild win the Colorado series, it'd likely be a long series, so you could see him back as early as game 3 in the 2nd round. An absolute joke.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I'm trying to make sense of this, maybe the NHL's hoping to boost ratings in the 2nd round. Anybody think people will tune in to see which player Cooke's going to hurt in the 2nd round if the Wild make it that far? Was there some focus group put together that recommended more violence? I can't think of any other reason why the NHL would risk him skating in the playoffs again this year. It's a shame that he's still in the league.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Paul Stewart on cooke

A snake will always be snake.

Matt Cooke is still Matt Cooke.

In other words "matt cooke will always be a snake".

picture.php

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
The NHL seems to always have a chance to send a message and they also seem to fail every time.

Cooke should be suspended for 30 games minimum based upon his history. Instead he gates half the suspension Shawn Thornton got. HALF!

********ing league.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It's like he's a Gambino or a Soprano or something.

For once, it looks like the fans are unanimously agreeing how ****ed up seven lousy games is.

15 for a gloved lovetap to the visor and 7 for this vicious little pig. There's justice for you in the New New NHL

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Horrible message to send. There is no justice in this decision. Take an important player out with an obvious cheap shot, don't suffer major disciplinary action. If a team/player has no scruples then they would be wise to take out another team's players with a third liner or below. I wonder what would happen if the Avs took out Parise for the rest of the playoffs? Would it be 7 games? What would it be if the player had no prior history? 2 or 3 games? The NHL has made a mess of this and set a horrible precedent.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
That sets the bar for the rest of the playoffs.

No one will get more than 7 games if Cooke got only this after taking out the best Avs Dmen for 6 weeks.

Unless it involve the Pens?

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
7 games, what a joke! If the Wild get by the Avs Cooke will have quite the selection of players to take out from Chicago or St. Louis. The sad part is he will take out another player and end or alter another career whether it's this post season or next season. When it inevitably happens again I won't care about the league losing a star (I will feel for the player and the franchise but not the league) and I won't be surprised. The NHL has signed up for this by not seizing the chance to send a message to Cooke who is the definition of a dirty and habitual offender. Yet the league had no problem throwing the book at Thornton who up to that point had a clean record over his 15 year career. Thornton's 15 game suspension is fine with me though, but why won't they go after the true predatory players in the game the same way the did with Thornton?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad