TSN: Cooke - Suspended 7 games.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Wouldn't even be close to the case....in fact, I pray I never see a situation where a player is suing another player over a knee injury.

Oh I agree with that. My point is that the NHL is clearly dropping the ball in protecting its players against a serial offender like Cooke. It seems like the players really have no recourse against a menace such as Cooke. Injuries and cheap shots will always be a part of the game. There needs to be a limit, though, on how much damage one player can do before he's not allowed on the ice to keep doing what he's doing.

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Oh I agree with that. My point is that the NHL is clearly dropping the ball in protecting its players against a serial offender like Cooke. It seems like the players really have no recourse against a menace such as Cooke. Injuries and cheap shots will always be a part of the game. There needs to be a limit, though, on how much damage one player can do before he's not allowed on the ice to keep doing what he's doing.

Until someone dies, forget it.

Cooke will end a few more careers before he's done.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Until someone dies, forget it.

Cooke will end a few more careers before he's done.

There's enough sketchy players in this league, why can't any of them ever take a run at Cooke. Why isn't his career ever in jeopardy? He sure doesn't get the message from the league so maybe that would teach him what it feels like to be on the receiving end of some of the **** he doles out.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You guys are being too hard on Cooke.

He had a personal thing, and you know, that was difficult for him.

So cut him some slack. No one else in the NHL has personal stuff, and neither do any of you.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Does 'Just Sayin' come up automatically after every one of your posts? Like a signature sort of deal? Or do you have to put that there manually.

Seems like it sort of loses its punch after the first 100 times you said it.

Just Sayin'

100 times....i hit "ignore" at 20:laugh:

member 96824

Does 'Just Sayin' come up automatically after every one of your posts? Like a signature sort of deal? Or do you have to put that there manually.

Seems like it sort of loses its punch after the first 100 times you said it.

Just Sayin'

Oh no you didn't

Later.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Funny you say that.

I was considering starting one. My only problem is whether I want one specifically related to this suspension or supplemental discipline in general. Was leaning towards the latter since the first one would never get enough signatures in time to do anything about it.

Just post the link if you do, Dom. I will happily sign and promote the petition.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm not saying he shouldn't have that right. But it certainly puts the NHLPA in an awkward position- they have to defend a union member who has shown continuous reckless disregard for the health of other union members. This can't sit well with the membership even if they understand the reasoning behind it.

I'm sure it doesn't.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What ever happened to him "changing his game" because he couldn't stay in the league if he kept it up? Feel bad for the players he's injured and for the players he has yet to injure.

If anyone needed to be voted off the island it's this guy,

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Working on it. Have acquired the assistance of a sports lawyer (free of charge) and will post it as soon as it's ready.

Hopefully mods will allow a new thread for it, or it's going to get lost.

Sticky it on here when it gets created. I'd say put it on the Main Board, but who knows what would happen to it there.

chippa13*

Sticky it on here when it gets created. I'd say put it on the Main Board, but who knows what would happen to it there.

KSP

If you sign that petition you can pretty much consider us done!

What is next...get everyone to call 911 and have Cooke arrested?

(Who am I kidding...I can't quit you)
Just Sayin'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad