Rumor: Contract talks between Gallagher and the Habs break down

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Montreal aren't trading Gallagher unless the get the deal they want .
Gallagher isn't available.
To be fair unless they get him locked up by the deadline...He will move,he should get a decent return as he is a good top 9 forward...

member 328930

Montreal aren't trading Gallagher unless the get the deal they want .
Gallagher isn't available.

You have no clue. Zero. I get it that there is no confirmation from anyone that he is available, but to come here and say unequivocally that he is not available is just stupid, unless of course you are M. Bergevin?

Reactions: Price is Wright

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He's pissed because the team brought in some other players? I doubt it. He may very well change his contract demands, but what does he actually have to be pissed about? Competing? yeah no.

I'm okay with this development. If Toffoli and Anderson are looking solid early on, we have the luxury of trading Gally if we are looking like crap again. It would hurt to lose him, but the return would be excellent. If all three are lights out and Gally is the star again, well then we can sign him in the off-season and make the necessary moves we need to keep him.

Only took to post #24 for sanity and a level head to rear up lol. Well done.

If they can't get a deal done by the deadline, you trade him. His value would be significant.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Only took to post #24 for sanity and a level head to rear up lol. Well done.

If they can't get a deal done by the deadline, you trade him. His value would be significant.
so if Habs are in playoff contention you trade gallagher for futures? doubt that would sit well with the vets in the midst of a playoff push. i agree if they are completely out of the picture, otherwise it could get messy playing in the final year of his contract

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The Habs have 10 months to get this done. The media doing everything to devalue the player and stir controversy. I don't want to see another Pacioretty moment. Stay away from these so called experts. I honestly would give him up to 7 mil. for 5 years max, that's a 35 mil dollar contract and I doubt he gets more elsewhere considering the cap crunch and Covid-19. If not, you trade him for younger players and draft picks.

Reactions: topshelf15

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I want to say even though I've asked what we could maybe get for Gallagher in this thread. I believe he love Montreal and Molson voted even step in of contract talks start going bad with Bbinz. Cause losing Gallagher could cost the Habs money, the amount of protest by fans would be crazy.
Not if his demands are rediculous .

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
How is Gallagher's 5-on-5 play? Is he a match-up player or is he sheltered?

Hard-matched against the other team's top players.

He's one of the best 5 on 5 players in the NHL.

He's led the NHL in 5 on 5 shots and xGF over the last 3 years and is 5th in goals 5 on 5 over the last 3 years.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
The Habs have 10 months to get this done. The media doing everything to devalue the player and stir controversy. I don't want to see another Pacioretty moment. Stay away from these so called experts. I honestly would give him up to 7 mil. for 5 years max, that's a 35 mil dollar contract and I doubt he gets more elsewhere considering the cap crunch and Covid-19. If not, you trade him for younger players and draft picks.

$7M is too high. cap ain't going up in a while

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would imagine the chances of shortened season either by length in days or games are high. We would have less than 10 months

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
$7M is too high. cap ain't going up in a while
He wants to get a big pay raise and 7 mil is the highest I would go. Next year, Allen is off the books and Alzner counts less than 2 mil on the cap, so its doable. Tatar is likely gone which saves another 4.88 mil on the cap. Danault at 4.5 -5 mil is more than fair and Armia likely gets less than 3 mil. KK is the big one here, do you bridge or give him McDavid dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad