Rumor: Contract talks between Gallagher and the Habs break down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
This reeks of an agent trying to put media pressure on a GM.

That said as a Flames fan the idea of adding Gallagher is certainly exciting. I could see it more as a mid-season trade than something in the summer. I don't think Montreal is silly enough to let him go though

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
That's better my friend. All I know is we have been knocking you out of the playoffs for over 20 years. Always good times going to Le Cage Au Sport before the games and then Dunn's over on Metcalfe St. for the after the game celebration as we cream you again. ;)
Use to go for breakfast at Cosmo's the next day but they closed down a couple of years ago now.
cosmos isn't closed ;)
End of an era: Legendary N.D.G. diner Cosmos is sold | Montreal Gazette
new owners

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
:laugh: :laugh:

Ok, I see this isn't going to be a worthy conversation, so I'll exit. Not worth the nonsense.
Actually its true - he has negative value as of today. If he had any value the Flyers would have managed to trade him by now. No one wants Ghost.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You have no clue. Zero. I get it that there is no confirmation from anyone that he is available, but to come here and say unequivocally that he is not available is just stupid, unless of course you are M. Bergevin?
Using that logic, it’s fair to say McDavid is available. If you are not the gm then it’s stupid to say unequivocally he is not available!

member 328930

Using that logic, it’s fair to say McDavid is available. If you are not the gm then it’s stupid to say unequivocally he is not available!

yes. So true. McDavid standing/value with respect to the Oilers is equal to Gallagher’s with Montreal.

great take.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The thought of extending Gallagher for 6 years is terrifying. His tiny body has taken a massive beating. It could age like the Lucic contract.

If Bergevin can go make some magic like he did trading Pacioretty a year away from UFA sign me up.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Clearly, Gallagher is pissed that Anderson got most of his pay raise because that’s a lot of term and coin for a guy that brings roughly the same type of play and plays the same position.

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he wants out and is eyeing a team on the west coast, so he can be closer to home.

Reactions: lawrence

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Gallagher will play out his deal and move on in free agency next off season.

If true, the offer I made for Byron & Gallagher for Jarnkrok is not that bad. You wonder if the Habs would trade Gallagher and cap to turn around and get Kovy, Hoffman, and m0re...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Clearly, Gallagher is pissed that Anderson got most of his pay raise because that’s a lot of term and coin for a guy that brings roughly the same type of play and plays the same position.

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he wants out and is eyeing a team on the west coast, so he can be closer to home.

Or he signs a team friendly contract with Habs after winning the cup. :)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If true, the offer I made for Byron & Gallagher for Jarnkrok is not that bad. You wonder if the Habs would trade Gallagher and cap to turn around and get Kovy, Hoffman, and m0re...

1 year of Gally is a million times better than any years of Jarnrock.

No interest in Jarnrock at all.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

Why clearly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad