Rumor: Contract talks between Gallagher and the Habs break down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I talked about this in a different thread. He feels like the odd man out. He's an elite net presence for rebounds but his playoff play doesn't leave much to be desired. He had a good run there. Time for everyone to move on. Montreal also isn't finding a single team to take Byron or "insert bottom six/bottom pair defenceman" without taking cap back, so moving on from Gallagher could happen soon with only futures coming back.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Not tempting at all actually, brutal value for Vancouver.

Yeah, anything to do with Podkolzin is a non-starter. He’s going to be very vital when the Eriksson/Beagle/Roussel deals are done as we’ll have the cap space to make a big time splash (Hopefully not with Benning at the helm but with that much cap we’d probably be looking at someone in the elite tier of players rather than good/very good so even he can’t screw it up) and we’ll be adding this kid who’ll likely be ready for top-6 duties on an entry level deal.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
People are saying Gallagher was bad during the playoffs. He did not score enough but the character stuff is real : before HE was injured MTL managed to come back and had hope. Once he was gone, nobody was there to fight in the tough spots and to battle on every pick. Tatar Danault Gallagher is one of the top two way line in the entire NHL, they are a fantastic 2nd line but well it s not new that MTL has no elite talent upfront...
I however agree that this Anderson deal screws the cap structure of the Habs (potentially).
In my mind Gallagher would sign a 6x6m which will be bad after the third year but he would be on LTIR afterwards anyway ;)

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
weird seeing people say the Habs are gonna lose Gally after 7 years of being told that Gally was gonna break down any time

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Anderson's contract may be more damaging than it seemed.

Actually I think its the toffoli one,

He and Gallagher are about the same age score goals in similar ways, except Gallagher scores about 5 more a season. That's what 20% more? So they may be trying to say we gave him 4.25 we'll give you 5.5 thats more than 20% more and you only produce 20% more.

But here is something that we should be considering but don't think we are is COVID.

Gallagher may want to wait and see what the league revenue looks like halfway through the season before he signs his last big deal.

Reactions: jetsforever

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Rather go for a little less talented player that isn't as soft as toilet paper.
49e844681aab28482ca699cd6b05faf0.png

In all honesty, I would go for Nylander. Soft as toilet paper or not, if it's a need, it's a need!

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bergevin said recently that Gallagher and Danault were guys he wanted to keep but they had a salary cap to manage.

So make up your Gally deals where Montreal doesn't take much cap back. Similar to the Schultz/Stastny/Murray deals we've seen.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bergevin said recently that Gallagher and Danault were guys he wanted to keep but they had a salary cap to manage.

So make up your Gally deals where Montreal doesn't take much cap back.
No reason to trade them now ,just wait and see if the kids are really ready to take on the league...Montreal has time here

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
You probably said they wouldn't trade Domi and a pick for Anderson too. These type of trades "never happen" until they do.
Ghost has negative value at this point. Gallagher has a lot more value than you think.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

So make up your Gally deals where Montreal doesn't take much cap back.
Montreal aren't trading Gallagher unless the get the deal they want .
Gallagher isn't available.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
:laugh: :laugh:

Ok, I see this isn't going to be a worthy conversation, so I'll exit. Not worth the nonsense.
The nonsense is you're asking us to trade a consistent 30-goal scorer on a fantastic contract for an often healthy-scratched defenseman. Our defense is fine as is. Go trade Pastrnak for Ghost if you want, but I'm not entertaining this discussion anymore.

Also, FYI... Schmidt, a 2/3 D, just returned a 2022 3rd round pick. That should give you an idea of how much Ghost is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad