OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I watched two things on Peacock over the last two weeks.

1.Ted was absolutely hysterical. I was hesitant to watch it figuring it wouldn't be as good as the movies but it was fantastic.

2. Twisted Metal was REALLY fun. It's certainly not going to win any awards or anything but it was super entertaining.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
I watched two things on Peacock over the last two weeks.

1.Ted was absolutely hysterical. I was hesitant to watch it figuring it wouldn't be as good as the movies but it was fantastic.

2. Twisted Metal was REALLY fun. It's certainly not going to win any awards or anything but it was super entertaining.
I loved twisted metal!! I was thoroughly entertained. sweet tooth is everything I wanted him to be

Reactions: Guadana and Billdo

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I loved twisted metal!! I was thoroughly entertained. sweet tooth is everything I wanted him to be
It was really fun and entertaining in the first half, especially in starting episods. After than writers lost the characters and actors couldn't make it better. Start was really fun, awkward in a good way, but in the second half everything fell to the some kind of family tv series.
Overall it was still a good show to watch.

-----
I finally done Zelda botwa. Great game. Warm and ood vibes from game play, story and visuals like I had when I played in It take two together with my wife.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
It was really fun and entertaining in the first half, especially in starting episod. After than writers lost the characters and actors couldn't make it better. Start was really fun, awkward in a good way, but in the second half everything fell to the some kind of family tv series.

Overall it was still a good show to watch.
I think next season should be really good. It looks like they'll finally get to the actual video game and introduce more of the characters we remember

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think next season should be really good. It looks like they'll finally get to the actual video game and introduce more of the characters we remember
Clown character was sweet.
I like tv show overall but I think Netflix did better job with one piece. One piece is brilliant.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Clown character was sweet.
I like tv show overall but I think Netflix did better job with one piece. One piece is brilliant.
My kids got me to watch Castlevania recently which was decent if a bit formulaic. At a certain point it became too much fighting where you knew they were not going to kill the main characters.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
My kids got me to watch Castlevania recently which was decent if a bit formulaic. At a certain point it became too much fighting where you knew they were not going to kill the main characters.
Didn’t watch it. I’m not a big fan of this type of animation about a lot of fightings and ego clod characters who wants to punish some wrong villain. How do you like storyline there? I believe you should like The Last Man - French animation. Good writing, fun characters, interesting plot. But this animation movie for adults.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Didn’t watch it. I’m not a big fan of this type of animation about a lot of fightings and ego clod characters who wants to punish some wrong villain. How do you like storyline there? I believe you should like The Last Man - French animation. Good writing, fun characters, interesting plot. But this animation movie for adults.
The best serious animation I've seen recently is Scavenger's Reign which they got me to watch on HBO recently. It's sort of a modern take on the classic Sci-Fi animation like Möbius and Heavy Metal. It's very well done.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The best serious animation I've seen recently is Scavenger's Reign which they got me to watch on HBO recently. It's sort of a modern take on the classic Sci-Fi animation like Möbius and Heavy Metal. It's very well done.
I didn’t watched it yet but that was made by the same studio as Last man. As I remember. Same visual Style, but less humor and rythm, mor sifi less fantasy elements.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Son of a bitch...Carl Weathers died.😟
IMG_1320.gif

Hopefully he’s having a good time somewhere and wearing a sharp white suit.

My3Sons

Sponsor
My youngest took a film class last semester before he had to undergo surgery. He watched a number of movies with one of them being Full Metal Jacket. This got us onto a bit of a Kubrick kick. We watched The Shining and the sequel to see how the sequel maker used the Kubrick images. We watched A Clockwork Orange. He could not get through Barry Lyndon or - much to my horror - 2001. The only movie from my childhood that could hold a candle to Star Wars. HAL was brilliant as was his relationship with Bowman. I decided to rewatch 2010. Two things stuck out to me - the sequel almost completely ignored the Kubrick style - a bit disappointing - and they gave HAL a redemption arc which was wonderful. HAL is one of thr great movie characters of science fiction and much more three dimensional than Anakin/Darth Vader to me. I will have to find some way to get him to press through 2001.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I’m watching True Detective Season Four. If this series doesn’t pay off at some point I am raising R’Leyeh from the depths of the Pacific myself and driving everyone associated with all four seasons insane from the unnameable horrors they will be exposed to without truly seeing them in their dreams. And that includes you McConaughey!!! And don’t think you are getting off easy Foster! Get over here and put on these robes and start chanting! Ia Ia! Cthulhu f’tagan!!

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’m watching True Detective Season Four. If this series doesn’t pay off at some point I am raising R’Leyeh from the depths of the Pacific myself and driving everyone associated with all four seasons insane from the unnameable horrors they will be exposed to without truly seeing them in their dreams. And that includes you McConaughey!!! And don’t think you are getting off easy Foster! Get over here and put on these robes and start chanting! Ia Ia! Cthulhu f’tagan!!
I liked second season as a separate story. If not trying to compare with the first season. Third season wasn't my thing. I even don't remember what it was about overall.

We are rewatching Dr House with my wife after all this years, and the first two seasons are really great and entertaining. Working well as a drama, as medicine detective and as a comedy.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I liked second season as a separate story. If not trying to compare with the first season. Third season wasn't my thing. I even don't remember what it was about overall.

We are rewatching Dr House with my wife after all this years, and the first two seasons are really great and entertaining. Working well as a drama, as medicine detective and as a comedy.

We love House. Whatever medical show my wife watches when they aren’t sure what the problem is one of us will say “well it isn’t lupus”. 13, CTB, Foreman, a bunch of great characters. Really well written

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
This season of True Detective is the first without the creator Nic Pizzolatto. I've liked them all but S2 was a big let down from S1 for me. S3 redeemed it for me quite a bit. This season I'm only 3 ep in but it feels like a whole different animal and not true detective aside from being a police investigation. I'm just like who wrote this dialogue? It's lazy in many cases and trite. How many casual F bombs you throwing in there (a sign of weak writing if nothing else pops).

I'll give it 2 more ep before pulling the plug but it's not tracking well despite having the perfect backdrop with a Thing vibe going on. The actors are doing their job but it feels weak on the writing and dialogue which makes it hard to do anything with. C- so far.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Season 2 was so bad an season 3 got better at least.

S4 really just is so boring and uninteresting so far. Also it is suchhhh a slog. I've given up on it and I am very disappointed

My3Sons

Sponsor
One of the elements of the series concept is the Slow Burn. No question season four is the slowest of burns. This one is better than season 2 (didn’t watch three) and at least it connects to season one but as I noted above if there isn’t some Necronomicon or nyarlathotep I’m rioting.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Masters of the Air is good. Not Band of Brothers level good but it shows promise.

It's very.... American.

I don't understand the attempt at undermining Bomber Command and portraying the RAF as a bunch of silly stereotypes.

It's not as bad as BoB for that Market Garden Sherman tank scene though. That was just comical.

You can boo me now, if you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad