OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
such a joke. save us, 2k sports

Yeah it is a joke. The website only has two highlights for the game :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They are using the frost bite engine now so that is where all the work went to most like. The only new thing is xfactor
Reserved for and inspired by the league's most elite players, Superstar X-Factor abilities separate the best from the rest in tangible ways that you can feel when they're on the ice.

Reactions: MartyOwns

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
On another note… I love these streaming services so I can start or catch up on shows ive never watched.

Starting off with…

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Shameless (I was behind 3 or 4 seasons)
The thing with Always Sunny is that for every great classic episode there's 10 awful filler episodes. The show has no consistency.

I don't want to slog through 60 hours of bad TV just to find the ~15 classic episodes.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The thing with Always Sunny is that for every great classic episode there's 10 awful filler episodes. The show has no consistency.

I don't want to slog through 60 hours of bad TV just to find the ~15 classic episodes.

Really? I love IASIP because most episodes are pretty good. Some are classics, some are duds, but if I throw on a random one, I'm likely to enjoy it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i've never seen it's always sunny, but everybody tells me i would love it. now i feel like there are too many episodes, i don't have the discipline to watch them all. but if i'm ever hospitalized for a few months or something, i might give it a go.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
i've never seen it's always sunny, but everybody tells me i would love it. now i feel like there are too many episodes, i don't have the discipline to watch them all. but if i'm ever hospitalized for a few months or something, i might give it a go.

You just give me the word. I’ve got your back.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I watched a few episodes when it first came out and couldnt watch it, the characters are as obnoxious as hell AND THEY'RE ALWAYS YELLING AND SCREAMING

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I watched a few episodes when it first came out and couldnt watch it, the characters are as obnoxious as hell AND THEY'RE ALWAYS YELLING AND SCREAMING

i have to say, any clips i’ve seen were exactly that. 4 people having a conversation that leads to them all shouting over each other, then someone yells, they all fall silent, one person says something and they all start shouting again.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Prepare to be massively disappointed with the last like 3-4 seasons.

Damnit! I think I have 1.5 seasons left to catch up. It’s definitely not the same as they have started to lose some of the main characters. The family dynamic is what this show was always based on and as you start to lose pieces of that the strength of the show falters.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Damnit! I think I have 1.5 seasons left to catch up. It’s definitely not the same as they have started to lose some of the main characters. The family dynamic is what this show was always based on and as you start to lose pieces of that the strength of the show falters.
I absolutely hated the show without Fiona, and even her last season or two made me dislike the show. I kept with it because I watched it from the beginning but I really hated the last couple seasons and the finale was putrid. Hopefully your opinion is different.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I absolutely hated the show without Fiona, and even her last season or two made me dislike the show. I kept with it because I watched it from the beginning but I really hated the last couple seasons and the finale was putrid. Hopefully your opinion is different.

Did the series officially end now?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That seems to be the difference between good and great shows. So many don’t know when to pull the plug before the decline happens.
I think for me the show just got stagnant. Like how many times can one white trash family get out of wildly impossible to get out predicaments? It was fun but like I said I forced myself to get through the final few seasons. I absolutely loved the first bunch of seasons though.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I liked all of Shameless (still haven’t seen the last season because it’s not on Netflix) but the later seasons are different. Frank is what holds the show together for me.

My wife tells me her dad is practically Frank, so that’s why she connects with it. The way she puts it, when you grow up with someone like that as a father, you have no choice but to laugh about it.
On another note… I love these streaming services so I can start or catch up on shows ive never watched.

Starting off with…

Curb Your Enthusiasm
I saw Rob McIlehney show off the season 15 premiere script on TikTok. It’s called “2020: A Year in Review.” I’m eagerly anticipating that, the new season of Curb, and Righteous Gemstones.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I suppose I should have posted this here:

Just started Nier Replicant and man it's making me wish I had the opportunity to play it before Automata.

Reactions: Darkauron

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This is my gripe with Always Sunny too, it's like when they don't have a funny situation it just devolves into the guys screwing something up because they're idiots which leads to 2 minutes of screaming at each other. It's not funny and that makes up the majority of the episodes.

Obviously there are really great awesome episodes that are genuinely funny and great TV, but "five dumbasses yelling at each other" as the default episode style is just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: The 29th Pick

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Starting off with…

Curb Your Enthusiasm

I ended up starting with Eastbound and Down. I’m already a few episodes into season 2 thanks to the short episodes and seasons. This is basically a prequel to Vice Principals :laugh:

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I ended up starting with Eastbound and Down. I’m already a few episodes into season 2 thanks to the short episodes and seasons. This is basically a prequel to Vice Principals :laugh:

I love both shows so much lol

I watched the first two episodes of Heels on Starz with Stephen Amell as an owner and wrestle of an independent wrestling company with his family and friends. It's a bit slow so I can't fully recommend it yet.

Season 3 of Titans has been absolutely incredible though. Absolutely loving it so far this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad