OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I love both shows so much lol

I watched the first two episodes of Heels on Starz with Stephen Amell as an owner and wrestle of an independent wrestling company with his family and friends. It's a bit slow so I can't fully recommend it yet.

Season 3 of Titans has been absolutely incredible though. Absolutely loving it so far this season

Very strange you mentioned Titans. I meant to mention that in my post but forgot. That’s actually the other show I am watching right now as well. Im early into season 2, how did you like season 2 compared to the 1st?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Very strange you mentioned Titans. I meant to mention that in my post but forgot. That’s actually the other show I am watching right now as well. Im early into season 2, how did you like season 2 compared to the 1st?

I really loved the season 2 finale, might be my favorite episode up to that point. Don't wanna spoil anything but definitely post when you finish it. Season 3 has just been on fire straight out of the gate and it's only 4 episodes in. I almost feel like they got a bit more money to produce the show too since making the switch to HBO from the DC app but I could be off base there.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I really loved the season 2 finale, might be my favorite episode up to that point. Don't wanna spoil anything but definitely post when you finish it. Season 3 has just been on fire straight out of the gate and it's only 4 episodes in. I almost feel like they got a bit more money to produce the show too since making the switch to HBO from the DC app but I could be off base there.

Ok, now we have some work to do to catch up! I feel like shows seem to put some extra money into production once the show proves itself after a few seasons. Hopefully this is the case and the show stays around for a little while. Season 2 episode 4 currently… I will keep you updated.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I ended up starting with Eastbound and Down. I’m already a few episodes into season 2 thanks to the short episodes and seasons. This is basically a prequel to Vice Principals :laugh:

that's exactly where i was when i stopped watching. season 1 was one of the best things i've ever watched, season 2 i lost interest. let me know if it gets any better in season 3 and beyond

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I ended up starting with Eastbound and Down. I’m already a few episodes into season 2 thanks to the short episodes and seasons. This is basically a prequel to Vice Principals :laugh:

If you like those I would suggest The Righteous Gemstones, another Danny McBride show with Walton Goggins in it, who I don't think has ever had a performance I haven't enjoyed (well, maybe except that bad Predators movie where they tried to make Adrien Brody a badass :laugh:).

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
that's exactly where i was when i stopped watching. season 1 was one of the best things i've ever watched, season 2 i lost interest. let me know if it gets any better in season 3 and beyond

I’m a few episodes into season 3 now. I enjoyed season 1 more than 2 as well but I still like all of it. Season 3s guest star is Ted Lasso playing quite the opposite of Ted Lasso :laugh:, so it’s definitely worth watching.

If you like those I would suggest The Righteous Gemstones, another Danny McBride show with Walton Goggins in it, who I don't think has ever had a performance I haven't enjoyed (well, maybe except that bad Predators movie where they tried to make Adrien Brody a badass :laugh:).

Loved The Righteous Gemstones. Besides those 2, Adam Devine and John Goodman make one hell of a cast.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
On another note, a new gameplay trailer was just released for Star Wars Lego which keeps getting delayed since 2020. The ending reveals that it’s been delayed yet again till the Spring of 2022 :(

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Speaking of Star Wars, the new Gallery episode about the season 2 finale of the Mandalorian is up on Disney+. I'm still kind of amazed they kept Luke a secret until the episode actually aired. Also they need to make an old man Luke in his ROTJ era outfit holding baby Yoda (I refuse to call him Grogu) action figure.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I’m looking forward to Season 2. I recommended the show to my mom, but she couldn’t get through it because she thought it felt too real. She’s definitely right about that.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I was late to The Office and have now watched every episode at least 20 times. While there are still amazing moments, I don’t think the show was the same after the Sabre buyout. Kathy Bates, James Spader and Idris Elba characters almost always bring the show down for me in their episodes.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I loved that show. Got a little wonky at the end but I really enjoyed it.

I was late to The Office and have now watched every episode at least 20 times. While there are still amazing moments, I don’t think the show was the same after the Sabre buyout. Kathy Bates, James Spader and Idris Elba characters almost always bring the show down for me in their episodes.
Tbh after Michael left it wasn't the same. You forgot the Will Ferrell nonsense too.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I loved that show. Got a little wonky at the end but I really enjoyed it.

Im in the final season and Kenny has just done his 2nd episode of being an on air personality.

Tbh after Michael left it wasn't the same. You forgot the Will Ferrell nonsense too.

Very true but hey always had such a strong cast that many episodes they held up the show without him. It definitely missed his presence though. Agreed on Will Ferrell… his character belongs in that group as well.

Reactions: Billdo

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Servant on Apple TV+ is an odd but engrossing ride. Just started S2 and I have no idea where it's going but it feels like it's going to get more horror-esque.

I'm up to date on that one, when M Night hits on something he's great. I'm also happy that M Night has said he has the show planned out for 4 seasons so there will definitely be an ending of some nature. Also hilarious to see Ron Weasley as a cursing alcoholic now, he's great in the show. I love the entire main cast.

Episode 9 when they show the flash back of Dorothy discovering that she left Jericho in the car and he died was all so horrifically sad. Everything about how it was shot and done just captured the awful emotions of all of that. I know it seems like it's something that's absolutely impossible to do but apparently like 38 babies/kids a year die this way and there are features in cars now that alert you to check the back seat. I just can't even imagine forgetting a baby/kid in the back seat like that, would be an absolutely horrific discover to realize you did that to your kid. It's really quite understandable to see why Dorothy is the way she is after all that.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i appreciate the rundown

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
just trying to create a conversation around what is a top 3 comedy for me.

the-office.gif

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure if anyone here is connected to the players in this story, but I very much enjoyed watching Untold: Crime and Penalties. NETFLIX.

It was a crazy story about the Danbury Trashers from 2004-2006. It's a father/son story, a mob story, a hockey story. It was nuts.

There are a couple NJ Devils points of connection, but I won't spoil it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Not sure if anyone here is connected to the players in this story, but I very much enjoyed watching Untold: Crime and Penalties. NETFLIX.

It was a crazy story about the Danbury Trashers from 2004-2006. It's a father/son story, a mob story, a hockey story. It was nuts.

Watching it right now, this is wild.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I went to a few games during the lockout and even have a jersey lol

The owner would scream from where he was sitting in the arena lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad