OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I got Octopath a few weeks ago, I like it a lot but it's difficult for completionists/perfectionists. You're juggling 8 main questlines at once and it gives me anxiety.

It's absolutely beautiful and definitely fixes my old school RPG cravings. I was inspired to get it after watching someone stream FFVI on Twitch.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I downloaded the demo of Octopath Traveler, but never got any farther than the demo. I need to start playing it again. I'm too into Persona 5 right now, though. It's great.
Octopath Traveler is good so far. I've heard that even by the lofty standards of Square, the story is absolutely insane, but I haven't reached that point yet.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
AEW's DoN was a great show. I knew only a small fraction of the card but i was still more entertained then most WWE PPV's

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Finished The Society and Dead to Me last week so we decided to watch the 1st season of Sneaky Pete. What a great cast in that show. Now I know what Walter White has been up to besides chasing down Godzilla.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is anyone watching Gentleman Jack?

As a comparison I began to binge Peaky Blinders, which I liked for a bit, but, and maybe this is because of binge watching, I quickly grew tired of the main character staring down the barrel of a gun, which was happening on a regular basis(of course he never actually is shot, well once he was, but of course he lives), or seeing an epic beat down, which was also happening on a regular basis. Maybe I'm getting old, but I've seen enough of this.

Gentleman Jack, on the other hand draws it's strength from superb dialogue exchanges, and really fine acting from the main character. There was one fight scene thus far, but one in a season, compared to 2 per show, does not cause me beat down overload. I don't know if the main story line of a strong lesbian woman's love affairs in 1800's England makes this unwatchable for the typical american male, and I admit, I was a little slow getting into it probably for that reason, but for me anyways, it is a nice departure from the current trend of shoot em up, beat em up, epic battle, crime syndicate, shows that are so prevalent nowadays.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
It feels like a lot of TV shows these days are more interested in hitting the correct buttons than they are in actually being good. Most shows would be content with having a main thrust like Gentleman Jack, patting itself on the back for being on the right side, and being completely forgettable and mediocre.

That being said, I need more TV to watch, so I'll put that on the to-do list.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
anyone watching E3
I used to love E3. I would take the weekend off work and be glued to the TV/Computer. It's a shadow of its former self now. What i seen from the Bethesda show was a joke. A company that i loved,parading around a bunch of Live service games and joking around about how bad Fallout 76 is. It's disgusting.

Reactions: Darkauron

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I used to love E3. I would take the weekend off work and be glued to the TV/Computer. It's a shadow of its former self now. What i seen from the Bethesda show was a joke. A company that i loved,parading around a bunch of Live service games and joking around about how bad Fallout 76 is. It's disgusting.
keanu reeves made an appearance yesterday though

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yesterday I learned the project engineer at work is an anime fan. There is a small (obviously elite) group of us there. Anyway, he asked for some recommendations. I just gave him my entire myanimelist.com list. He may end up regretting asking. I told him to stick to 8 or higher rated series for now :laugh:

I am surprised at how few series I actually have on there, though. I feel like I must be missing a bunch. I haven't edited that list in years, so it's likely. Still, amazing that, with Naruto alone, there were 720 episodes watched.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yesterday I learned the project engineer at work is an anime fan. There is a small (obviously elite) group of us there. Anyway, he asked for some recommendations. I just gave him my entire myanimelist.com list. He may end up regretting asking. I told him to stick to 8 or higher rated series for now :laugh:

I am surprised at how few series I actually have on there, though. I feel like I must be missing a bunch. I haven't edited that list in years, so it's likely. Still, amazing that, with Naruto alone, there were 720 episodes watched.
share list please

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
There are plenty other companies that care about games. Saying only Nintendo cares about games is so far from the truth :help:
well they've sure cornered the market on family/party games

meanwhile microsoft and sony are duking it out for graphics/hardcore gamers, and theres only so far they can go

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
err i mean people were excited about banjo kazooie being added to smash, but i feel like that's not that significant. what are you excited about?
Breath of the Wild 2
Pokemon Sword & Shield
Link's Awakening
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (though I generally don't like the direction the franchise has gone since Awakening, this one seems a bit different)
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Metroid Prime 4 (not shown at E3 obviously)
Contra Anniversary Collection

Things I'm interested in but will need to see more of:
Astral Chain (love Platinum studios)
Luigi's Mansion 3
No More Heroes 3
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Daemon X Machina (this one seems to be a bit over the top, but if the gameplay is like Xenoblade Chronicles X then I might give it a shot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad