OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the random and sort of ska...more punk side of things.
I was at the hurricanes blackhawks game on Monday in Raleigh, the Canes theme this year is “Take Warning”.

So they started playing Operation Ivy’s “Take Warning!”
Just a very obscure tune to play.. not a song I’d ever think would be played at a hockey game.
Haha. Every time I saw that Take Warning tagline, I thought of the Operation Ivy song. And I was like “it’d be cool if they used that song!”.

My friend always said that it sounds like he’s saying “Take one hit! Take one hit!” And that a bunch of stoners probably mishear that all the time haha.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
its a great tune and album.. that place was a ghost town.. I was in the upper bow;, and moved down to the glass for the third... Thinking about trekking up for the Devs Sunday... Was waiting to see if they woke up from their funk first.. Its a good 2 1/2 hours from me. the hawks game I went with a bunch of friends. The devs, id take my girls to,

Reactions: Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm not a big video game guy, but this artic warfare thing with sniper rifles (Ring of Elysium) has me intrigued. Is it worth a download?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm not a big video game guy, but this artic warfare thing with sniper rifles (Ring of Elysium) has me intrigued. Is it worth a download?

It's basically PUBG in the snow. The good news is that it's free. The cool differences are that you can use a snowboard, hang glider, or climbing pack to help get around. I like it a lot.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just finished Paranoia Agent. Not a fan. I get it, but that just seemed to be a needlessly over-the-top weird way to communicate a topic that is so frequently approached in anime.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Just finished Paranoia Agent. Not a fan. I get it, but that just seemed to be a needlessly over-the-top weird way to communicate a topic that is so frequently approached in anime.

Oh man I watched it a few years ago. Shit was really really weird. Especially that ending man wtf.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh man I watched it a few years ago. **** was really really weird. Especially that ending man wtf.

The ending wasn't as wierd as several of the middle episodes IMO. I just thought it was dumb. The "sometimes reality sucks but you can't run from it, you have to deal with it" concept has been done so many other times and so much better. That came across as pretentious to me.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Told myself i would finish RDR2 by new years. However, Rockstar did a great job fleshing out the gang it's so hard for me to play as i watch it implode in the sixth chapter.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I felt this thread needed to be resurrected.

I despise Apple, but do greatly appreciate that they introduced me to this song and artist:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I felt this thread needed to be resurrected.

I despise Apple, but do greatly appreciate that they introduced me to this song and artist:

I know this guy from the song "True love will find you in the end". Beck did a cover of it.

Think I saw a little documentary about him awhiles ago.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I know this guy from the song "True love will find you in the end". Beck did a cover of it.

Think I saw a little documentary about him awhiles ago.

I like that one. I particularly like this version of that song. It's heartbreaking to see him in this state, but the song is even more powerful in this format I think:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Literally a top 5 TV show of all time. Amazing.

Amazed by the consistency of quality in the episodes.

He only thing I would really change was I didn’t care for the British lady’s or whatever she was that they brought on in the last few seasons.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Amazed by the consistency of quality in the episodes.

He only thing I would really change was I didn’t care for the British lady’s or whatever she was that they brought on in the last few seasons.

Yeah, there are a few additions (Will Ferrell) I never really cared for but as a whole the entire series from start to finish was great. I only recently binged the whole series within the last year or so so I missed the boat initially.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
When I decided to tune this past Devils season out early on, I also decided that getting back into video games would be less of a source of frustration and that I should get a Switch. It’s worked out well. I need to play more of Octopath Traveler but Mario Odyssey still has me hooked more than 700 Power Moons in.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When I decided to tune this past Devils season out early on, I also decided that getting back into video games would be less of a source of frustration and that I should get a Switch. It’s worked out well. I need to play more of Octopath Traveler but Mario Odyssey still has me hooked more than 700 Power Moons in.

I downloaded the demo of Octopath Traveler, but never got any farther than the demo. I need to start playing it again. I'm too into Persona 5 right now, though. It's great.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Did anyone happen to catch episode 4 of Game of Thrones?

Apparently Amazon leaked released it by accident today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad