OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
In the original emoji concept design meeting, the initial request for "beating a dead horse" was misheard as eating a dead horse. The request to correct was ironically autocorrected to berating a dead horse. At this point, everyone just said "**** it" and gave up, without even bothering to make the horse look at all like a horse.

That's what I choose to believe, at least. Anything else is just bizarre.

With that being said, Berated Donkey Wolf Meat could get you the start of a metalcore side project.
:laugh:

:clap:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Since the 3DS is pretty much done in terms of getting new games, I’m planning on getting old games for it while it’s still easy to do so. I work close to a video game store with a large selection of games for consoles old and new, and so far I’ve bought Kirby Triple Deluxe, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and Metroid: Samus Returns from there, used and cheap. I’ll probably get Kirby Planet Robobot next, but if anyone has recommendations, put ‘em here.

I know that they put Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS and that’s definitely something I want (again, Smash Bros. is the world’s best marketing tool), but I don’t believe they have it at the store. I’ll probably go online for that.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Since the 3DS is pretty much done in terms of getting new games, I’m planning on getting old games for it while it’s still easy to do so. I work close to a video game store with a large selection of games for consoles old and new, and so far I’ve bought Kirby Triple Deluxe, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and Metroid: Samus Returns from there, used and cheap. I’ll probably get Kirby Planet Robobot next, but if anyone has recommendations, put ‘em here.

I know that they put Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS and that’s definitely something I want (again, Smash Bros. is the world’s best marketing tool), but I don’t believe they have it at the store. I’ll probably go online for that.

Every Fire Emblem game. Bravely Default. There's a couple off the top of my head. Obviously Pokemon.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Every Fire Emblem game. Bravely Default. There's a couple off the top of my head. Obviously Pokemon.
While I said I don’t play Fire Emblem, I might get Awakening down the line (there’s Smash Bros working on me again). I’ve heard good things about Bravely Default, I do like JRPGs. Probably won’t get Pokémon and just wait for Gen 8 to come out for Switch instead.

I’ll probably get Super Mario 3D Land too. Can’t go wrong with Mario.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
While I said I don’t play Fire Emblem, I might get Awakening down the line (there’s Smash Bros working on me again). I’ve heard good things about Bravely Default, I do like JRPGs. Probably won’t get Pokémon and just wait for Gen 8 to come out for Switch instead.

I’ll probably get Super Mario 3D Land too. Can’t go wrong with Mario.

Not a Fire Emblem fan? I missed that. I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend it, though.

I put down Persona 5 for a bit, but just picked it back up basically right before what feels like must be the biggest event of the game. It's so great. I hated Akechi from the start, glad there was a reason. Now Sae <3 is part of the team.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Bought a switch yesterday literally just to get Fire Emblem, and it's already worth it. It's so damn good. Not even that far into it so far, or maybe I am I've avoided looking up any information on the game.

Fire Emblem in general is a reason for virtually every Nintendo system. Which house did you pick?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm thinking about reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, but I'm worried that it's going to be super heavy and dense, even for a Sci Fi series. I don't want to read a Silmarillion-type textbook.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I'm thinking about reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, but I'm worried that it's going to be super heavy and dense, even for a Sci Fi series. I don't want to read a Silmarillion-type textbook.

The first few books are good. Kind of goes off the rails a bit after that tho.

It can be a bit dense for sure, but that is also a product of its time for scifi and fantasy stuff.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah i just started The Boys this weekend.. wow it is so good so far. Only a few episodes in..but it is a really refreshing and interesting take on super hero stuff.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah i just started The Boys this weekend.. wow it is so good so far. Only a few episodes in..but it is a really refreshing and interesting take on super hero stuff.

The guy who plays Homelander knocks that role out of the park.

Reactions: JK3

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ahaha I love Homelander he's such an asshole.

I really despise the 847 superhero movies from the past decade especially all the Marvel garbage. I love The Boys cause it basically just shits on all of it lmao.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Ahaha I love Homelander he's such an *******.

I really despise the 847 superhero movies from the past decade especially all the Marvel garbage. I love The Boys cause it basically just ****s on all of it lmao.

Yeah I feel the same way. I am so tired of all of them.. But the world of super heroes in The Boys really feels a bit more real.

Reactions: JK3

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Also, Three Houses, wow. I mean, I knew it would be great because it's a Fire Emblem game, but it somehow has exceeded my expectations only being about halfway through one route. 3 (maybe 4?) more routes to go. I'm not sure how I'm gonna feel playing as the Black Eagles after starting with the Golden Deer and now knowing what goes down at the time skip. Oh and <3 Lysithea.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Nintendo accidentally gave a hint that the next DLC character for Smash will be from SNK, and presumably we’ll know which one in tomorrow’s Direct. Watch it be a fighter from Samurai Shodown to really piss off the “too many anime swordsmen” crowd. A very cruel part of me hopes that’s the case just so I can laugh.

I’m also hoping we get some info on Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. The latter is supposed to be released this year, but the last Nintendo Direct had nothing about it, and it’s been pushed back already.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nintendo accidentally gave a hint that the next DLC character for Smash will be from SNK, and presumably we’ll know which one in tomorrow’s Direct. Watch it be a fighter from Samurai Shodown to really piss off the “too many anime swordsmen” crowd. A very cruel part of me hopes that’s the case just so I can laugh.

I’m also hoping we get some info on Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. The latter is supposed to be released this year, but the last Nintendo Direct had nothing about it, and it’s been pushed back already.

I continue to look forward to Metroid Prime 4 more than anything. I'm glad Retro is back on it.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
I continue to look forward to Metroid Prime 4 more than anything. I'm glad Retro is back on it.
Probably over the objects of Sakamoto, but considering how he was in charge of Other M, I think we’ll manage. :laugh:

Prime 1 is my favorite in the Metroid series (yes, over Super, which is below that and Zero Mission, don’t @ me). Over 15 years later and that atmosphere still gets me.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Probably over the objects of Sakamoto, but considering how he was in charge of Other M, I think we’ll manage. :laugh:

Prime 1 is my favorite in the Metroid series (yes, over Super, which is below that and Zero Mission, don’t @ me). Over 15 years later and that atmosphere still gets me.

100% agree. Prime was by far the best of the series, and has much better replay value than any other game in the series. I dare say that Metroid Prime was my favorite game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad