Proposal: Conor Garland for Beauvillier and a 2021 2nd round pick

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ladd for Garland is fair. Please do it 'zona.

Thank you.

on edit: We'll throw in Ho-Sang and the other Aho.

Thanks again!
Sure. As long as NYI is willing to add Beauvillier, Dobson, and a 1st :)

To NYI:
Conor Garland
Alex Goligoski (50% retained)
2021 4th Round Pick

To ARI:
Andrew Ladd
Anthony Beauvillier
Noah Dobson
2021 1st Round Pick

;)

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Why do you think Garland doesn’t have longevity?

To be quite honest with you, it’s mostly an arbitrary statement based on the fact I haven’t watched him and have only looked at his low draft position and size.

Don’t like that I’m seeing his name pop up frequently without knowing much about him. Always assumed he was an undersized fringe NHLer, and I’d rather he return to that.

He can’t really be good, can he? A tiny 5th rounder?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
To be quite honest with you, it’s mostly an arbitrary statement based on the fact I haven’t watched him and have only looked at his low draft position and size.

Don’t like that I’m seeing his name pop up frequently without knowing much about him. Always assumed he was an undersized fringe NHLer, and I’d rather he return to that.

I probably missed why his assists have jumped up this year. There's consistency in his goal-scoring as he's on pace to score 25 or so and on pace for the same amount of PP pts (which is what he was on pace for pre-pandemic 2019-2020). His assists seem like an aberration (SOLELY based on stats).

So Yotes fans, is he playing with better linemates, bumped up a line or two, just growth in general, etc?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I probably missed in in the thread but his assists have jumped up this year. There's consistency in his goal-scoring as he's on pace to score 25 or so and on pace for the same amount of PP pts (which is what he was on pace for pre-pandemic 2019-2020). His assists seem like an aberration (SOLELY based on stats).

So Yotes fans, is he playing with better linemates, bumped up a line or two, just growth in general, etc?

He was actually the best scoring threat last year, but he was doing it from the middle two lines, sometimes even the 4th. His 22 goals in limited minutes last year made him one of the most efficient forwards in the league. Rick Tocchet refused to recognize his brilliance and treated him harshly, especially compared to Kessel.

This year, Garland started on the first line and hasn't ever moved out of the top 6. His production on a team that is straight up garbage is very notable. The Coyotes generate the least amount of shots in the league 5v5 but the 'short leash' line of Keller - Schmaltz - Garland has kept them in games and even stolen a few on turnovers.

Garland completely drives the entire offense when he is on the ice and he is relentless. Normally speaking, such a player would never be available but the fact he's due a new contract + the Coyotes prospect and pick woes means that a great offer would need to be entertained. He's 25, not 21. Schmaltz is a center and not crazy valuable. Keller is young enough he can survive a rebuild and he's signed until he's 30. Garland is the odd asset out.

He'd be a PPG+ winger on a good team and his cap hit is completely trivial for a playoff run. Pulling a player of this caliber out of a hat for your roster without subtracting anything meaningful from it (Coyotes want bluechips and high picks per Friedman) is a huge swing and is why GMs will be calling about him.

It sickens me that this is even being considered but the hole the Coyotes have been put in by mismanagement requires exploring it.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
What makes Garland more valuable than Beauvillier? I can see him being more valuable to the Coyotes because he's working out very well for them and so few forwards do, but to a neutral team?

Reactions: LeapOnOver

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It would take an overpayment....like adding Wahlstrom/Dobson to Beau and the 2nd.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What makes Garland more valuable than Beauvillier? I can see him being more valuable to the Coyotes because he's working out very well for them and so few forwards do, but to a neutral team?

Garland is the engine to a DRY offense. He’s worth a lot.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
How much time do you have?
As much as you need to explain what Garland has shown over Beauvillier especially in light of Beauvillier playoff run. I member how hard Martin Hanzal and OEL were getting stanned here not so long ago

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No but would you move Barzal for Griffin Reinhart and 2nd round pick?

A low blow that you couldn't even get right... it's actually Griffin Reinhart for Barzal and a 2nd round pick.

I won't even bring up the bad trades all of the Islanders former management made... let's not forget, the Islanders employed Mike Millbury at one point, arguably the only NHL GM in history worse than Chiarelli.

The Oilers still living rent free in one Islander fan's head... it's been over 35 years man... let it go! Don't get so upset... the Islanders will complete the Drive for 5 one day.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lol. I feel like I an taking crazy pills. Beauville is getting Sam Bennett playoff monster overrated in here lol. More likely he doesn't breakout. Garland is way more valuable.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I probably missed why his assists have jumped up this year. There's consistency in his goal-scoring as he's on pace to score 25 or so and on pace for the same amount of PP pts (which is what he was on pace for pre-pandemic 2019-2020). His assists seem like an aberration (SOLELY based on stats).

Garland drives the offense on the team. Creates it out of nothing. Heart and soul player. If you haven’t watched him do yourself a favour.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Keep Garland. Would much rather hold on to Beau and send much less to NJ for Palmieri.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Garland drives the offense on the team. Creates it out of nothing. Heart and soul player. If you haven’t watched him do yourself a favour.
He’s easily the most impressive Coyotes forward of the last decade, or so. Maybe longer. It’s not saying a whole lot because it’s the Coyotes, but still. He’s so good he looks like he plays for one of the other teams in the NHL that’s not the Coyotes. That’s how good he is.

I loved Taylor Hall last season. It was really eye opening seeing what a real player looks like. It was kinda depressing though because it made it clear how shitty our other players have been for so long. Kinda like trying on a new shirt and pants in the dressing room and noticing how shitty your old beat up shoes suddenly look. Garland, though, has been even more impressive than Hall was.

Reactions: hbk

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Do not see the NYI doing this deal

Garland has nice stats

but

Beauvillier is younger and he his stats are better overall.

I realize Garland is having a good and Beauvillier is having an off year--but this trade could bite the NYI is the ass

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

This might be the dumbest post i’ve ever read on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad