Proposal: Conor Garland for Beauvillier and a 2021 2nd round pick

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
I think Garland is an underrated player whose starting to hit his stride this year. Isles could use some help this year to still go for a cup run without Lee, and Beau sadly had to deal with some injuries this season.

Garland is a PPG player on Arizona and is an RFA at the end of this year, and Arizona already said they're willing to trade him for the right price.

Beauvillier is younger than Garland, so the short term loss for the coyotes is made up with a younger player whose a monster in the playoffs and has been improving each season. They also get a 1st round pick on top of it.

What do you think? Do we have a deal?

****UPED THE OFFER TO BEAU AND A 1ST****

***Mods please change the title of the thread to reflect this please***

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
As a Ranger fan, please trade Beauvilier. He kills us. Send him far away.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
"Arizona already said they're willing to trade him for the right price." Let's see the source for that definitive statement. If it's Friedman, you didn't hear what he said or didn't read the transcription of it correctly.

As for the proposal, Beauvillier is younger by 15 months. That's not enough to be a talking point in isolation. More importantly, they're at the same place in terms of contract status: both are in the 2nd year of a 2 year bridge with 2 years of team control left. There's really no benefit in that swap for the Coyotes.

Basically, they're downgrading for a late 2nd round pick. That's not close.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
"Arizona already said they're willing to trade him for the right price." Let's see the source for that definitive statement. If it's Friedman, you didn't hear what he said or didn't read the transcription of it correctly.

As for the proposal, Beauvillier is younger by 15 months. That's not enough to be a talking point in isolation. More importantly, they're at the same place in terms of contract status: both are in the 2nd year of a 2 year bridge with 2 years of team control left. There's really no benefit in that swap for the Coyotes.

Basically, they're downgrading for a late 2nd round pick. That's not close.
I could be wrong but I think he's piggybacking off of a Staple column here. It's a misinterpretation in any case, here's what Staple said:

"In Arizona, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported Saturday that the Coyotes could be open to an offer for Conor Garland, their 25-year-old wing who’s been a reliable scorer since arriving in the NHL three years ago. Garland is much cheaper salary-wise, making just $800,000 this season, so his raise would be much smaller than Reinhart’s."

Taylor Hall? Targets off the board? An old friend? What we're hearing about the Islanders and the trade deadline

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Most NHL fans won't appreciate how good Garland has been on just a terrible, terrible team. Ask fans of other teams in his division, though. St. Louis fans, etc. He's ridiculously good. The way he controls the play in the offensive zone is next-level. Nobody on the Coyotes outside of Chychrun is even close to as impressive as him in any facet.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I would love to see Barzal and Garland play together, but not for Trotz :laugh:

I would be so sad if the Isles ponied up for him, and this offer isn't enough

Bond

May 10, 2012
Most NHL fans won't appreciate how good Garland has been on just a terrible, terrible team. Ask fans of other teams in his division, though. St. Louis fans, etc. He's ridiculously good. The way he controls the play in the offensive zone is next-level. Nobody on the Coyotes outside of Chychrun is even close to as impressive as him in any facet.
Is this a breakout year for him?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Would AZ do Pettersson+Rust+Poulin+1/2 pick?

Get a long term D, a top 6 replacement and two good prospects. If not I get it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Garland is worth a lot more than that.
I personally would put Garland, Chychrun and Dvorak in one tier, all by themselves, as far as Coyotes assets. All others in some tier lower. I have him head-and-shoulders above Keller, Schmaltz, and OEL, personally. I'm not sure all Coyotes fans would agree, or even if a majority would. But that's how I see it.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No but would you move Barzal for Griffin Reinhart and 2nd round pick?
How is that at all relevant? Seems like you're trying to redirect
And it was for a mid first round pick that turned into 18 year old Barzal

I ask again, would you CURRENTLY move Barzal for someone equivalent to Beauvillier and a 2nd round pick?

rt

May 13, 2004
What happens to OEL?
I like OEL fine. But he no longer fits with the core of the team. The Coyotes are in a bizarre position. They've got their 3-4 top prospects all in the AHL (Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, and Posvetov) and the main core of their team all on the NHL roster (Keller, Dvorak, Schmalz, Garland, and Chychrun). But none of that adds up to enough to be a good NHL team. They're all fine pieces, but the sum of the parts just isn't enough. And they had no draft picks last year, no first rounder this year, and barely anything in the system outside of the AHL. I think it was dumb not to trade OEL and Kuemper before the last draft, when the negotiations were hot around the league. The team doesn't need anyone older the Garland right now. They need as many teenagers as they can get, though. Because there's nothing coming up.

Reactions: 7even

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The idea Arizona is "listening" to offers for Garland is stupid. As @rt mentioned, he is the 2nd best player on the team that is starved for talent. Makes zero sense to trade him. The OP offer is not enough to sway me (and I hope GM BM thinks the same way).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The idea Arizona is "listening" to offers for Garland is stupid. As @rt mentioned, he is the 2nd best player on the team that is starved for talent. Makes zero sense to trade him. The OP offer is not enough to sway me (and I hope GM BM thinks the same way).

It's not dumb. He's peaking in value and the team is years away from competing. A great offer would have to be considered.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
How is that at all relevant? Seems like you're trying to redirect
And it was for a mid first round pick that turned into 18 year old Barzal

I ask again, would you CURRENTLY move Barzal for someone equivalent to Beauvillier and a 2nd round pick?

Beau and a 1st final offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad