Friedman: Conor Garland available?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Trading with the Canucks seem less appealing now that they have (supposedly) competent management in place.
Yeah , it’s kinda like fantasy hockey, you don’t target players, you target owners/nhl GM’s.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Friedman is the new Eklund. He says Garland could be dealt at the trade deadline, then he uses himself as the "inside source" and then starts a rumour that Garland is available.

This guy is a piece of filth.

If Garland's not actively available, odds are that Friedman asked who Vancouver's untouchables are and he wasn't among the likes of Hughes, Pettersson and Podkolzin.

No need to get mad. It's just a trade rumor. Have fun with it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Edmonton need to add to this to get a deal made?

To Edmonton - Garland, Halak

To Vancouver - Koskinen (cap), 1st round pick in 2022, Broberg or Bourgault

I'm not sure how the cap works long term but it's fun to talk about it.

Mattycat

Jun 25, 2014
I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Edmonton need to add to this to get a deal made?

To Edmonton - Garland, Halak

To Vancouver - Koskinen (cap), 1st round pick in 2022, Broberg or Bourgault

I'm not sure how the cap works long term but it's fun to talk about it.

LMAO that is funny

Reactions: Ninjadude

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Teams should be ALL OVER this.

good player, who drives play, solid defensive numbers. Really good even strength scoring, draws a crap load of penalties

Skill with agitation like this wins you games
I’ve seen star players go out of their way to give this guy a cheap shot and they get a penalty for it.

Reactions: kanucks25

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Zacha isn’t really a center, or at least he’s played his way to the wing the last couple years.

I would certainly trade Zacha for Garland. I would imagine Zacha on his own isn’t enough. Devils also have quite a few LD and forward prospects they’d be able to deal.

I wouldn’t put Smith off the table either. He’s kind of redundant at the moment and will soon become even more redundant.
Zacha and 2nd I might do. LD we don't really need. RD we desperately need.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Zacha and 2nd I might do. LD we don't really need. RD we desperately need.
What about Walsh, a rhd who played at Harvard. He had a one year overlap with Rathbone. Not sure if they played together. Outside of that we have no rhd to spare. What happened to Woo?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Something around Garland and Miller for Lafreniere?
PPG 3 Versatile Forward, for 1.5yr on a cheap contract
+
Cheap 5 year secured, 50 point player with huge upside, and basically gets all points 5 on 5.
For
1st Overall Trending Bust, Who "could" Likely top out at Eberle basically.

Where do I sign?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Although skilled, Our top 6 is way to small, slow and soft. Everyone on the Canucks barring Petey, Hughes and Demko should be available for the right price.

So you like players like Pearson in top 6? because you wont be getting a big physical and skilled top 6, thats for sure

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I am a massive fan of Garland and what he brings to a team. I’ve wanted him on the leafs for a while.

What would he have to add to Amirov? 2022 2nd?

For Garland? this guy is not a rental being signed to a 5 mil contract for many years and still young. I expect a top 4D back like a TJ Brodie with Amirov

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
rather get Garland for less than the cost of Miller

Kravtsov and a 2nd
Am sorry but your overrated prospect and late 2nd is not gonna get you Garland whivh Canucks traded a 9th overall draft pick for. Either give up something major or stop joking around. Its like me wanting to give Rathbone and 2nd for Zibanejad.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Package includes a 1st and a grade A prospect. However, I would say it’s certainly a notch below Miller.

You’re not getting a sSchneider but maybe you get a Lundqvist….
Ummm how about NO? Do you see any team trading a young, top 6 forward on a team friendly 5 mil deal for a prospect? To top it off, he is a character guy too that works hard. Lets trade all our proven young players for magic beans, am sure it will turn out great. If am trading Garland I would trade him for someone who is playing in NHL has same age and cap hit. Someone like a Carlo from Bruins and I would add something to Garland to make it happen. But trading him for a prospect that is still an unknown in the NHL is really dumb considering Garlands age, cap hit, skills. Its just plain dumb imo

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What happened to Woo?

Had a great D+1 year but kind of downhill since then.

AFAIK he's been average at best in the AHL, not very close to breaking into the lineup.

However he's just 21 and doesn't even have a full season's worth of pro games under his belt yet so he does still have time. Probably only like a C+ prospect right now.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Relax, I didn't say Lafreniere for Miller and Garland. I said something around that. Trades need a starting point.

In NYR eyes, they could say a 1st overall pick still has a lot of value, they could've got more say if they traded the pick in 2020. But in your guys' eyes you say you'd want more if those two were going to the Rangers and Laf was coming with whatever is Vancouver bound.

But Lafreniere is still a young player who will be good one day. On the Canucks I think he'd be a very, very good addition. I know if he goes there things are going to look up and go very well.
I would want Laf + Schnieder + Lunkvist + Othman

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
umm have you seen the current back to back Stanley cup champ roster in Tampa when they won
there much bigger than you seem to think . tb's defence we're all 6-4 220 . as well as a lot of forwards with size

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Teams should be ALL OVER this.

good player, who drives play, solid defensive numbers. Really good even strength scoring, draws a crap load of penalties

Skill with agitation like this wins you games
I’ve seen star players go out of their way to give this guy a cheap shot and they get a penalty for it.
He cost Mackinnon $5,000, I'm sure Nathan thought it was worth it though haha

Garland has agitated well against the Avs, but mostly he's been the one on the receiving end of things. :laugh:

chrome-capture-1.gif

06658a26ff49be8d3da835484923cdf1b614c5da.gifv

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA