Friedman: Conor Garland available?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Very true, but wouldn't they try and take the return from Severson then and replace with another defender? I'd hope so.

I think that are just in a situation where they are trying to extricate the most value. I don't feel like they want to put themselves in a position where they have to get a certain return on Severson just because of the hole it opens up. I think that they just take the best value and understand that they have to make a corresponding move to fill the void. It doesn't have to be a high cost move. Could honestly just be a single year free agent signing move after the season is over.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Miller is a UFA in 2 years and has high value, Garland has a good contract that some teams might be interested in.

There is really no sense in trading Demko or Hughes or Horvat for that matter as the team is rebuilding not folding.
Hughes I agree but Horvat should be available for the right price. The real issue is if Canucks do enter a rebuild will Petey want to stay as his contract walks him to 1 year of control.

Hiring Bruce seems more like a retool or a contender move than a rebuilding move imo

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Honestly I think they are gauging prices for all their players. I mean does anyone think they will trade all the top players and rebuild again? I can see a Miller trade, a pearson trade and eventually Myers getting traded but trading Garland, Miller and Horvat is signalling a rebuild more than a retool

Reactions: elitepete

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Edmonton need to add to this to get a deal made?

To Edmonton - Garland, Halak

To Vancouver - Koskinen (cap), 1st round pick in 2022, Broberg or Bourgault

I'm not sure how the cap works long term but it's fun to talk about it.
No thanks

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What about Walsh, a rhd who played at Harvard. He had a one year overlap with Rathbone. Not sure if they played together. Outside of that we have no rhd to spare. What happened to Woo?
Woo kind of sucks. Walsh is interesting, but Zacha is of little interest.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Garland's not actively available, odds are that Friedman asked who Vancouver's untouchables are and he wasn't among the likes of Hughes, Pettersson and Podkolzin.

No need to get mad. It's just a trade rumor. Have fun with it.
FWIW, the Canucks 3 untouchables are EP, Hughes, Demko. Apparently Horvat isn't going anywhere either (which I agree with, because it makes no sense to trade both Miller and Horvat). Pod and Hoglander haven't been deemed as untouchables, but it just doesn't really make sense to trade them, so it's really unlikely that they go anywhere. Everyone else it fair game for management though, it seems. Especially Miller and the UFA's/vet depth players, who are actively being shopped

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hughes I agree but Horvat should be available for the right price. The real issue is if Canucks do enter a rebuild will Petey want to stay as his contract walks him to 1 year of control.

Hiring Bruce seems more like a retool or a contender move than a rebuilding move imo
Trading Horvat makes zero sense since Miller is already on the way out. Losing both of them would make the Canucks a bottom 3 team for the next few years.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Edmonton need to add to this to get a deal made?

To Edmonton - Garland, Halak

To Vancouver - Koskinen (cap), 1st round pick in 2022, Broberg or Bourgault

I'm not sure how the cap works long term but it's fun to talk about it.

I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Vancouver need to add to this to get a deal made?

To Canucks: Poolparty, Bouchard

To Edmonton: Hamonic (cap), 1st round pick in 2022, Jet Woo or Juulsen

I'm not sure how the cap works long term but its fun to talk about it.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I know a deal won't likely work with a direct rival, but what else would Vancouver need to add to this to get a deal made?

No thanks. Our 2022 1st could be a lottery pick. Not to mention this is a garland thread.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I'm a Garland fan.

I'll trade in return a towering 6'7 defenseman Logan Stanley who has a bit of a mean streak. Imagine cornering the market on tall defensemen. All the other GM's will be jealous!!!!!

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It’s really silly - Canucks need more players like Garland. Boeser and Miller should be the major pieces that go to address their needs on the blueline and at C.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
He would be the last guy I’m getting rid of, unless an offer was so good you couldn’t say no…I’d get rid of boeser, miller first

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

forget that.
Edmonton is in win now mode. Why stack up 1sts for two rooster players, where of BOuchard is the best player in the whole deal.

Yeah.

What du you say about Quinn Hughes, Garland for Yamamoto and a 1st?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
forget that.
Edmonton is in win now mode. Why stack up 1sts for two rooster players, where of BOuchard is the best player in the whole deal.

Yeah.

What du you say about Quinn Hughes, Garland for Yamamoto and a 1st?
Did you read my post and who I was replying to? It was just similar to the post I quoted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad