Friedman: Conor Garland available?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hey i can't argue with that. I would personally be moving Boeser and Miller before him (Not Myers. There is zero point to trading him - like how on earth are we gonna replace those minutes?) however I can see why he may be gone. He's an easy assett to move and get younger and cheaper with. You can't really do that for Boeser or Myers for sure.
To me, anyone who won't be a good value contract by the time this team is a perennial playoff team again should be available. Garland just turning 26 is probably where I draw that line. Tough to trade Bo though, he's the captain and most natural top 6 center on the roster.

Myers wont be a factor by the time this team is good again imo

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
To me, anyone who won't be a good value contract by the time this team is a perennial playoff team again should be available. Garland just turning 26 is probably where I draw that line. Tough to trade Bo though, he's the captain and most natural top 6 center on the roster.

Myers wont be a factor by the time this team is good again imo

I think our turn around time is 2 years if JR aces some trades (Miller our spare parts and Boeser or Garland). Myers is not replaceable atm. It's the other RHD that need replacing. Poolman has to go if at all possible. Our priorty out of all this stuff has to be getting a long term partner for Hughes. To me NYR's Schneider is that target and who i most want.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I think our turn around time is 2 years if JR aces some trades (Miller our spare parts and Boeser or Garland). Myers is not replaceable atm. It's the other RHD that need replacing. Poolman has to go if at all possible. Our priorty out of all this stuff has to be getting a long term partner for Hughes. To me NYR's Schneider is that target and who i most want.
I know Myers has been decent this season, but he's 32 years old. He's going to lose a step soon and I don't imagine that it will be pretty to see him slow down since he doesn't possess the best hockey sense that's required to age well in the NHL

Reactions: Canuck86

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I know Myers has been decent this season, but he's 32 years old. He's going to lose a step soon and I don't imagine that it will be pretty to see him slow down since he doesn't possess the best hockey sense that's required to age well in the NHL

Nahhh Myers has always got a bit too much flak IMO because of his contract. I don't mind the guy at all and we don't have ANYONE to replace him. Do you really want Poolman as your top RHD? Really?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Nahhh Myers has always got a bit too much flak IMO because of his contract. I don't mind the guy at all and we don't have ANYONE to replace him. Do you really want Poolman as your top RHD? Really?
id rather get a future asset that could potentially help the the team when they're good again. I'm okay with sucking this year and next, and I'd avoid overpaying guys like Myers and Poolman in the future, sign 1-2 year stopgaps to minute munch if needed.

Reactions: Canuck86

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
id rather get a future asset that could potentially help the the team when they're good again. I'm okay with sucking this year and next, and I'd avoid overpaying guys like Myers and Poolman in the future, sign 1-2 year stopgaps to minute munch if needed.

Tucker Poolman as your top RHD............I'm not ready to sign up for that. Nope nope nope..........I don't think we have to suck that bad here after next year. Ace the miller and this trade and we are in a pretty good spot.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Tucker Poolman as your top RHD............I'm not ready to sign up for that. Nope nope nope..........I don't think we have to suck that bad here after next year. Ace the miller and this trade and we are in a pretty good spot.
Technically it would be Schenn with Hughes. Ideally Hamonic actually plays and that’s how you close out the season. Poolman as 3rd RHD or 2nd when Hamonic is out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad