Value of: Connor McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I wonder if Toronto could steal Mcdavid away from the oilers when Tavares contract expires like they did with the islanders.

8 years though. And he'll be 6 months away from 30 yrs old by the time his contract expires. He will most certainly be out of his prime by then, although players like McDavid, Crosby, Stamkos stay with their drafted team, they become icons in the city and it becomes more than their selfish ambitions They understand this and loyalty becomes more important than childhood dreams. Tavares is elite, but he's not in that generational tier, and is literally the only big name free agent that actually signed in Toronto, out of the countless names that were speculated to sign there, year after year. I know it hurts leafs fan, but McDavid is an Oiler for life. His current contract will take up the prime years of his career, and his extension will carry all the way until he retires.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Let me try:

Pens: Crosby, Guentzel, Murray, and Sprong.

Toronto: Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner.

Buffalo: Eichel, Dahlen, and Risto.

Montreal: Nothing.

Detroit: Nothing.

Rangers: Nothing

Tampa: Point, Kuch, Serghacev ( sp?), and Vasi.

Dallas: Heiskanen, Seguin, Benn, and a 3rd.

Calgary: Johnny Hockey & Monohan.
That third round pick really grabbed the attention of the Oilers

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Let me try:

Pens: Crosby, Guentzel, Murray, and Sprong.

Toronto: Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner.

Buffalo: Eichel, Dahlen, and Risto.

Montreal: Nothing.

Detroit: Nothing.

Rangers: Nothing

Tampa: Point, Kuch, Serghacev ( sp?), and Vasi.

Dallas: Heiskanen, Seguin, Benn, and a 3rd.

Calgary: Johnny Hockey & Monohan.

yeah as a leaf fan im saying hell no to that

the difference between Mcdavid and Matthews isnt Marner AND Gardiner

Matthews is trending to be the 2nd best player in the league as some of the current top guys age.
45g/90pts this year should vault him into the top 5

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He will retire an Oiler.

oilers are 1/3 in playoff appearances with McD

if he only ends up going to the show 4 or 5 times in 11 years he is gonna pull a JT and bolt to a contending team

if a team with mcdavid continually misses the playoffs something is very,very wrong. a team would need to constantly make massive mistakes (Barzal pick + 2nd for Reinhart, Hall for Larsson, Eberle for Strome, Signing a UFA thats now one of the worst contracts in the league, continually drafting poorly ie puljujarvi over tkachuk/keller/sergachev/mcavoy and yak over just about anyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad