Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Think Lindros Trade + more.

So like

Elite young player
Elite player
Top 6 forward / Top 4 Dman (probably young)
Blue chip rookie
1st

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Think Lindros Trade + more.

So like

Elite young player
Elite player
Top 6 forward / Top 4 Dman (probably young)
Blue chip rookie
1st

Forsberg was not considered an elite young player at the time, he was quebecs sticking point, they would not have done the deal without him.Forsberg alone ended up winning the trade.

Edmonton will be different because Connor will be asking to get traded (hs face eat the draft lottery still makes me laugh) and there is a cap now. whatever karlsson is about to get add a few pluses to that if peter is still running the team who knows, maybe they get a player slightly bettter than larsson 1 for 1 lol

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pens easily accept

lol no they don't.

They lose Crosby who is just as good as McDavid, Crosby is 4 mil cheaper.

along with Murray, Guentzel and Sprong....easy no for a team in it's cup window. They get worse and more expensive.

Oilers easily say no too...well because McDavid is 10 years younger.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
lol no they don't.

They lose Crosby who is just as good as McDavid, Crosby is 4 mil cheaper.

along with Guentzel and Sprong....easy no for a team in it's cup window. They get worse and more expensive.

Oilers easily say no too...well because McDavid is 10 years younger.
McDavid has surpassed Crosby though, Sid is no longer the beat player in the league

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
McDavid has surpassed Crosby though, Sid is no longer the beat player in the league

Depends if you value postseason play. ..Crosby having two CSs and a 21 point playoff in 11 games this year.

i'd say as of now They're equals and that Crosby is easily the better value player being around 4 mil cheaper on the cap.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Park this thread for 8 years.
He won't get traded for the first 5.
His last 3 he will have a NMC. If he hates it, he is coming home to :leafs..

This is after Arizona successfully offer sheets Matthews next year, Nylander is successfully offer sheeted by <<<pick a team>>> and JT is finished his stolen contract.
Seth Jones will be voted the best defenseman in history, Vancouver still trying to trade Tanev and Karlsson will have won 8 cups as a lightning.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Looking at the history of any generational or near generational player getting traded the return was always a combination of good players, high end prospects and 1st round picks plus cash which isn't allowed in todays NHL. Mcdavid' value goes far beyond on ice results, it's the money and recognition that he brings to a franchise that holds more value to the owners.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Let me try:

Pens: Crosby, Guentzel, Murray, and Sprong.

Toronto: Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner.

Buffalo: Eichel, Dahlen, and Risto.

Montreal: Nothing.

Detroit: Nothing.

Rangers: Nothing

Tampa: Point, Kuch, Serghacev ( sp?), and Vasi.

Dallas: Heiskanen, Seguin, Benn, and a 3rd.

Calgary: Johnny Hockey & Monohan.
As an Oilers fan the only offer there I'd accept is the Sabres one and I'd consider the Toronto and Tampa ones.

ZedCanadian

Jun 25, 2018
Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and the Kings' first-round draft picks in 1989, 1991 and 1993.

Reactions: BM14

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
well it seems Matthews already wants out of Toronto because of the idiot fans, media, management/ownership and zero post season success

Hmmmm. If your well thought out theory is true, why would Matthews bother being a large part of the pitch to Tavares to sign in Toronto? Seems like a weird thing to do if he didn't want to play for the team anymore...

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
As an Oilers fan the only offer there I'd accept is the Sabres one and I'd consider the Toronto and Tampa ones.

Im confused you would accept the Sabres but only consider Tampa and Toronto. IMO Tampa and Toronto have the better deals, Dahlin is virtually unproven at the NHL level, could turn out to be Yakupov 2.0.

Matthews >= Eichel
Marner >> Dahlin ( at this point )
Risto > Gardiner

Tampa

Kuch > Eichel
Sergachev > Dahlin ( Dahlin unproven )
Point >>> Risto
Vasi

The Tampa deal is probably the best deal on the table it completely refaces the franchise spreads depth throughout the line-up.

Jshort12

Mar 19, 2018
Hmmmm. If your well thought out theory is true, why would Matthews bother being a large part of the pitch to Tavares to sign in Toronto? Seems like a weird thing to do if he didn't want to play for the team anymore...

It's so when he holds out on his contract extension and signs a max offer sheet with Arizona, Toronto won't be able to afford it. He just thinking ahead haha

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
All of them, yes. Nothing moves McDavid. Not a thing.
I have to agree with him the Buf and TB proposals were both have to take offers. Mcdavid is amazing, but both of those provided so much that Mcdavid cannot possibly give you enough to surpass them. Either deal would set up the oilers for cups for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad