Value of: Connor McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He is the best player in the NHL. So much so that even if we offered our two best players and our two best draft picks, it wouldn't be enough.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
It's the old gem: no offer will be enough and no team will be willing to gut their team to get a deal done. Catch 22 type thing.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
You would also have to consider the salary cap when making a offer for McDavid. So the team offering for Connor would also have to take some salary back along with McJesus.

As a Oilers fan I can't even make up a proposal, I couldn't fathom a universe without McDavid :( being in copper and blue.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Let me try:

Pens: Crosby, Guentzel, Murray, and Sprong.

Toronto: Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner.

Buffalo: Eichel, Dahlen, and Risto.

Montreal: Nothing.

Detroit: Nothing.

Rangers: Nothing

Tampa: Point, Kuch, Serghacev ( sp?), and Vasi.

Dallas: Heiskanen, Seguin, Benn, and a 3rd.

Calgary: Johnny Hockey & Monohan.

The Leafs would laugh at that...McDavid is so overvalued it’s comical. How did the phenomenal one do in the playoffs this year considering he’s worth everyone’s first line lol.

Reactions: ottawa

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
It doesn’t happen because Chiarelli or any GM trading him against his own will would be kicked out of town in no time.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I don't know how if you threw Stamkos and Hedman how Edmonton would not have to think long and hard. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure Tampa would want to do this.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't know how if you threw Stamkos and Hedman how Edmonton would not have to think long and hard. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure Tampa would want to do this.

Call me stupid, but I don't think Edmonton pulls the trigger on that one.
At the same time I highly doubt Tampa does it, as well.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
McDavid is being overvalued here. Just because he's the best doesn't mean he's untradeable.

The Eichel + Dahlin + Risto package is better than McDavid. Same with:

TB: Point, Kuch, Sergachev and Vasi (trade Talbot)

Don't believe me?

Insert those guys into the oilers' lineup and see for yourself. Instantly from lottery to playoff team.

Reactions: PensandCaps

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Plot twist: the team that acquires McDavid accidentally leaves him unprotected in the next expansion draft and he is the first player ever to be selected first overall two times. He now plays for Seattle.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I love McDavid . The long dark years of being an Oiler fan have netted us McDavid greatest , that alone makes watching the oilers fun again . However some of these values in the OP are ridiculous . Those trades make the Oilers better now and in the future . They make the acquiring team much worst . McDavid value will always be highest to the Oilers simply because of his cap hit and the cost to acquire him .

Fair value for McDavid would be top line C + a top 2 D + a high pick + cap dump coming back + a couple of decent prospects .
Cap dump would depend on the cap hit of the D and C in the deal . If their no cap dump needed then you can probably take out a prospect . There isn't no way on gods green earth are you getting the assets the op suggested from Buffalo . It would set them back years .

The funniest post in here was the poster who said the OP suggestion were lowball offers

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
Let me try:

Then add 3-4 first rounds to all of those LOL

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
McDavid is being overvalued here. Just because he's the best doesn't mean he's untradeable.

The Eichel + Dahlin + Risto package is better than McDavid. Same with:

TB: Point, Kuch, Sergachev and Vasi (trade Talbot)

Don't believe me?

Insert those guys into the oilers' lineup and see for yourself. Instantly from lottery to playoff team.
2 of those 3 teams didn't make the playoffs last year.

Reactions: A91 and VainGretzky

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Let me try:

Not enough. And Calgary, thats the absolute last place he'd go lol.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Mcdavid is more than just the best hockey player to the city of Edmonton. We've had to watch shitty hockey teams for so long (Chia is still giving us one lol) and now we've got this incredible player. Mcdavid has brought back the love of hockey in Edmonton. What he is able to do on the ice as well as the impact he has had on growing the game of hockey as well as bringing back the hockey fever that a lot had went away from - this all means that he is truly untradeable. These types of players come around once every decade. When you get them, you hold on tight.

I terms of what I would accept for Mcdavid if for some reason I had to trade him:

Mcdavid + Lucic + Sekera
For
Eichel + Dahlin + Mittelstadt + Risto

Mcdavid + Lucic + Sekera
For
Matthews + Marner + Liljegren + Rielly + 1st

Mcdavid + Lucic + Sekera + Talbot
For
Vasi + Hedman + Kuch + Point

Different values for each ik but I was lookong at the future projection of the younger players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad