Connor McDavid Playoff Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Tbh he was pretty awful.

I expected better from the kid who's apparently better than Crosby. :sarcasm:

Hahaa.. maybe the Oilers should waive him...
I dont see any other player being shadowed these playoffs... thats says it all for me

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oiler fans were chest thumping McDavid's playoff performance over Matthews but we just saw why Matthews will always be in the conversation with McDavid when it comes to playoff success.

McDavid might be a better point producer but Matthews is stronger, a better goal scorer and better two-way. McDavid is still a better player but he won't be more successful based on that alone.

Just like Crosby and Ovechkin, right?

FFS...some people. Never saw ANY of what you claim.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Oiler fans were chest thumping McDavid's playoff performance over Matthews but we just saw why Matthews will always be in the conversation with McDavid when it comes to playoff success.

McDavid might be a better point producer but Matthews is stronger, a better goal scorer and better two-way. McDavid is still a better player but he won't be more successful based on that alone.

I agree w. This. Mathews looks more.like playoff Toews and McDavid looked like a player who thought it was still regular season. At least he didn't completely disappear like Eberle or RNH or Lucic Or NuRse

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Just like Crosby and Ovechkin, right?

FFS...some people. Never saw ANY of what you claim.

Center vs Winger?

Come on, at least try.

Crosby is also a rocket winner, he is more than capable of scoring in bunches.

Have to see McDavid take that next step in goal scoring. He scored 30 this year but it can be improved.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I'm sure fhis question was asked after Crosby failed to carry his team to the WCF during his sophomore year, right?

Don't ever change HFBoards, don't ever change.

Except Crosby was actually good and was PPG in his 1st playoffs, then was dominant the next year in a SCF loss, and dominant again the next year in a SCF win.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Except Crosby was actually good and was PPG in his 1st playoffs, then was dominant the next year in a SCF loss, and dominant again the next year in a SCF win.

Small sample size as Crosby's Penguins got handled easily in 5 games by the Sens.

McDavid went further into the playoffs and the checking got much tighter, I don't recall Sid being shadowed his first playoff experience to that degree either. McDavid already gets the same attention/game planning as a veteran superstar.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Credit, where credit is due. Kesler, a very experienced playoff veteran, well known for his defensive prowess, outperformed a playoff rookie in McDavid.

At some point, all stars can get shut down at times, it even happened to Gretzky.... no biggie. McDavid will prove his playoff prowess in time, and he's got plenty of time to do that.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'm sure this was the first time in his career where he had no space. But he's a smart player, he will learn from this and adjust.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Ridiculous thread. He's so talented. He'll work on board play (like how Crosby is good at it) and be a force for years.

He has the best total toolbox of anyone I've seen play. He will be a playoff monster for sure.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
its almost like Kesler and Getzlaf are tough to play against..

McDavid has his chances, Gibson made some good saves. McDavid needs to learn to shoot more

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Give him some time to build up core and leg strength, he still a bit of a pinner. He also needs to make better adjustments in the playoffs - I'm sure everyone on the Oil wagon has figured out the playoffs are very different from the regular season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hahaa.. maybe the Oilers should waive him...
I dont see any other player being shadowed these playoffs... thats says it all for me

If shadowing McDavid works, then it's his fault. If he can be shutdown, then it's his fault.

I feel very confident that McDavid was injured because he was awful by his standards. I doubt he puts in another poor performance like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad