Connor McDavid Playoff Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Wonder where all those people who said Yakupov was only bad "because of Letestu" went.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I can empathize with Oilers fans. Reminds me of the micromanaging of every game Crosby plays.

Doesn't score a point: "LOL best player in the world my ass! Invisible when his team needs him."

Scores a point in a loss: "His team still lost. He should have scored more"

Generates countless chances but doesn't get a point: "He was invisible. The boxscore says so"

Very similar parallels and to add, Draisaitl (Malkin) are now apparently far better performers than McDavid (Crosby).

The fact of the matter is that McDavid and Crosby drawing all the attention opens it up for Draisaitl, Malkin and the other lines.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Is Connor McDavid's Playstyle Suited For The Playoffs?

100 points in the season and invisible in the playoffs. Yeah I get he's been "shadowed" the whole playoffs and he has a few points but he's done nothing of note. Out shined by Leon Draisaitl, Getzlaf, Pavelski etc.

He's great on the rush but only average when in the zone. Does he need to bulk up and play a Crosby style game?

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
100 points in the season and invisible in the playoffs. Yeah I get he's been "shadowed" the whole playoffs and he has a few points but he's done nothing of note. Out shined by Leon Draisaitl, Getzlaf, Pavelski etc.

He's great on the rush but only average when in the zone. Does he need to bulk up and play a Crosby style game?

What's wrong with you? He's 20 years old.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Invisible? You play better teams in the playoffs, things are not called as tight. To say he was invisible makes me question if you watched any of the games. He was defended very tightly, but I would hardly say he was invisible.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Wasn't good enough this year, too early to say in general. In before thread is hijacked by oiler fans thinking obstruction was invented for McDavid.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
No. .

[EDIT: With the title changed, I guess I need to clarify that I replied "No" to the original question whether he is a weak playoff player.]

Last edited:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Wasn't great, but far from bad.. First time for him in the playoffs, wait till 2 or 3 years from now and hes ripping it up

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
100 points in 82 games in the regular season, 9 points in 13 games in the playoffs. Damn. Pretty big drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad