Reactions: Aerrol

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Some other good graphics to praise Mcjesus

The Oilers are literally the McDavid show:

Diu9ss5XcAEIbnG.jpg

Another stat that shows Matt Benning isn't quite the pile of steaming dogshit that some seem to think he is here.

I don't get the irrational hatred for him... young dman still trying to find his way in the league... on a cheap contract as well. Luckily the team seems to think he has some decent upside and aren't as biased and irrational as some posters.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Another stat that shows Matt Benning isn't quite the pile of steaming dog**** that some seem to think he is here.

I don't get the irrational hatred for him... young dman still trying to find his way in the league... on a cheap contract as well. Luckily the team seems to think he has some decent upside and aren't as biased and irrational as some posters.
I agree. I stay out of most of the bashing with him. I think he actually has a decent hockey IQ. He is by far the best open ice hitter that we have and that alone shows a good understanding of how plays develop and where players will be.
I think he will take a good step forward this season and surprise some people IMO.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Another stat that shows Matt Benning isn't quite the pile of steaming dog**** that some seem to think he is here.

Fans overvalue the once a game, obvious, in your face turnover and undervalue the more frequent but less visible and more subtle good plays. I think its just human nature though as when you watch a game, there is so much going on and what will catch your eye is the turnover up the middle, your eyes and mind wont catch the dozens/hundreds of other more subtle plays that together can be just as impactful as a turnover up the middle that turns into a break away for the other team. Benning is Jake Gardiner like in this regard (although Gardiner is just much better)

WAR for the Oilers is interesting because if you ask Oilers fans to rank the Oilers and assign a subjective value to how good they are out of 100, Id bet itd be super close to this ranking haha.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I'm really looking forward to what kind of numbers he'll put up this season. If he can have some consistent, talented wingers to play with, and able to stay healthy this year, watch out NHL.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
He's been so good that it's tough to remember that he's still in an age of rapid improvement. I don't mean just rounding out his game, becoming better in face-offs and gaining better defensive awareness. I mean his true MO, his offensive skills, his speed, quickness, agility and hands.

He seems improved in all of those facets and his shot looks deadly too... I expect 50-ish goals and 120-ish points and wouldn't be surprised even if he scores more.

If McDavid scores 130-140 points in my mind that's as impressive as the best seasons of Gretzky and Lemieux especially considering the more competitive field today.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm really enjoying how he takes faceoff on his forehand in the offensive zone. Just slaps it off the half wall and grabs it himself. He's a very unique faceoff guy, usually tries to win it to himself rather than winning it back to the defenceman.

He looked ridiculous last night, his skating was absurd.

Reactions: Aerrol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
McDavid is simply unbelievable, what a player, what a talent.

Also, love his comments about his NHL record

"You know what? It's whatever"
"I'm not overly proud of it. I don't think it's a stat we should be proud of either. And we found a way to get a goal there at the end, so we don't ever had to talk about it again"

Just wins, that's all he cares about it. Leader.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Check out the first goal to see how truly amazing he is for awareness.

He blazes in and scores the goal and in the split second after, while still travelling at warp speed, he raises his stick to block being slashed by the Winnipeg dman.

It really makes me worry less that he is going to get hurt. He truly knows what's going on split second by split second when he is at full speed.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
And that was in slow motion ;)
Incredible co-ordination.
basically the first puck is the start of the season.. about midway through that drill one of those pucks is Matthews mid season, by the end everyone is shocked at the clocked time.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Is it normal to get hard every time Mcdavid touches the puck?

Asking for a friend....
My statement about McDavid (to everyone who will listen/can hear me) is that I watch as many games as possible, and he still finds a way, every game, to blow my mind with something.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
think how many points McDavid would get if he wasn't the whole team.
i am jealous of the options toronto has on offense compared to edmonton.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Come remberence day will be a reminder to Leaf fans why Matthews is not in McDavids league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad