Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
It's ridiculous he's also not in consideration for the Selke. Connor is a fantastic 200 foot player, and his defensive game is pretty polished. Led the league in takeaways last season, and I think so far this season as well. The backcheck on Bergeron (The Selke King) in OT is an obvious example of his defensive awareness. He's vastly improved his face-off stats so far this season too.
If he continues this trend, I'd vote for him to be a top 3 finalist for the Selke. Along with wining the Hart, Ross, Lindsay and Conn Smythe:D

Reactions: ujju2

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
think how many points McDavid would get if he wasn't the whole team.
i am jealous of the options toronto has on offense compared to edmonton.

Ya, the sad reality is McDavid is cleary better than Mathews, but after that..

McDavid > Mathews
Drai< Taveres
Nuge < Marner
Klefbom < Reilly
Strome << Kadri

They are just much better than us after that, and we dind't even mention Nylander.

Shame though, they will keep trying to find a way that Mathews is as good as McDavid when in reality they shouldn't care cuase the rest of their team is basically better than ours.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It's ridiculous he's also not in consideration for the Selke. Connor is a fantastic 200 foot player, and his defensive game is pretty polished. Led the league in takeaways last season, and I think so far this season as well. The backcheck on Bergeron (The Selke King) in OT is an obvious example of his defensive awareness. He's vastly improved his face-off stats so far this season too.
If he continues this trend, I'd vote for him to be a top 3 finalist for the Selke. Along with wining the Hart, Ross, Lindsay and Conn Smythe:D

It's an unwritten rule that you can't win the Selke if you lead the league in points or are under the age of 24.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Big deal. Kim Jong-un got six holes in one his very first time out. But I hear he can’t skate as well as McDavid does.

Nope, but Putin is apparently as fast. Potted 8 goals in one game, although he usually averages more like 5.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Best player we have and his thread is buried so far down the list.

I'm in awe at some of his rushes. Gives me a mile wide smile everytime he rips past the best dmen in the league.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

I'm in awe at some of his rushes. Gives me a mile wide smile everytime he rips past the best dmen in the league.

There just isn't that much to talk about honestly.

He's awesome in every way and we all know it. :D

Reactions: Aerrol

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

what can you possibly say at this point that hasn't already been said, he's the world's best player by a country mile. He's got 12 million in his pocket and a hot girlfriend as well. Life is aces for McJesus.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There just isn't that much to talk about honestly.

He's awesome in every way and we all know it. :D
He did go 9-9-18 in 11 games, that's still his the best start of his career, and he's on pace for 67 goals and 134 points and, honestly, neither of those seem completely outlandish for him.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008

The guy should be a solid contender for Lady byng too. Rarely ever takes penalties.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I don't see much in the way of a 125 point season. He's on a 134 point pace with a sustainable oish%.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Last year he was chasing the Lightning brothers in the points standings early in the year, this year the Av brothers.

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
Ya, the sad reality is McDavid is cleary better than Mathews, but after that..

McDavid > Mathews
Drai< Taveres
Nuge < Marner
Klefbom < Reilly

Strome << Kadri

They are just much better than us after that, and we dind't even mention Nylander.

Shame though, they will keep trying to find a way that Mathews is as good as McDavid when in reality they shouldn't care cuase the rest of their team is basically better than ours.

I don't think the bolded are accurate. I would put ~= for the bolded.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Last year he was chasing the Lightning brothers in the points standings early in the year, this year the Av brothers.

Last year Mackinnon really started to cool down by the end of the season.

The thing that makes McDavid special is we know he can sustain this pace for the entire season. He actually tends to heat up as the season goes on.

Reactions: Cypress

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Last year Mackinnon really started to cool down by the end of the season.

The thing that makes McDavid special is we know he can sustain this pace for the entire season. He actually tends to heat up as the season goes on.
Yep that’s what separates Mcdavid from everyone. He’s actually not even playing that great right now and he doesn’t slump. He’s gone 3 games without a point 1 time.

Reactions: Cypress

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Yep that’s what separates Mcdavid from everyone. He’s actually not even playing that great right now and he doesn’t slump. He’s gone 3 games without a point 1 time.
His icetime has been down the past few games which is actually encouraging I think. A couple weeks ago I was worried about him wearing out for the push for playoffs.

But then you think about how Mcdavid played with the flu for 5 weeks last year and was still hanging around the top 10-15 scorers in the league the whole time (with terrible team support and PP performance).

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't see much in the way of a 125 point season. He's on a 134 point pace with a sustainable oish%.

I see a lot in the way.
mostly opponents who can focus solely on him as the team sucks, and nobody to help him but RNH and sometimes Drai.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I see a lot in the way.
mostly opponents who can focus solely on him as the team sucks, and nobody to help him but RNH and sometimes Drai.

That and being ridden into the ground (same with RNH). Todd is playing them too damned much.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Just wanted to put this here:
00GO384.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad