Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: McNicknames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hilarious how this is ALL coming out of Toronto.

Yup. They're just a bunch of ****hurt babies. They had a lower chance of winning the lotto than we did, but still feel it was their divine right to get McDavid. Seeing their media whine about the sanctity, and integrity of the game in relation to our 1st overalls, then say that the NHL should rig the lotto, or just abolish it's draft system solely for the Leafs to do as they please is disgusting.

Don't mean to rant, but the T.O. media is sickening.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Well, considering it's become the cool thing in recent times to analyse isolated screencaps of McDavid's face, does anybody have any insight into what this might mean? ;)

8YufLRf.png

He's friends with Jarret Stoll?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This comparison of Eichel and McDavid is like comparing Sakic and Lemieux. Both will be good players, but one has just a bit more talent and can take it up a notch.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
This comparison of Eichel and McDavid is like comparing Sakic and Lemieux. Both will be good players, but one has just a bit more talent and can take it up a notch.

Agreed. I think eichel would've gone first overall in every year since 2005, but that doesn't mean he's anywhere close to McDavid.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I read it that way too

Credibility = shot

He also made terrible arguments on how it would still be fair. The salary cap doesn't mean that every team spends to the cap. Bring a Leafs fan he should at least be aware of that given how easily they got out of the Clarkson deal

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I have no problem with Eichel saying that. He's just saying that he'd stay in college over playing in the Q. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone know's he's making the Sabres.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Why would you give up your full ride scholarship to go play junior where you get paid a pittance to play twice as many games while the owner rakes it in?

how is that entitled exactly?
dude wants to play in the NHL or go back school...nothing wrong with that

It's not entitled. Eichel doesn't have a sensitive tone that is entrenched in most players coming up into the league. He'll have to work on it, or will get called out for every interview. I remember his snarky sounding response, "Yeah, I don't think it's bad to say at all, so I don't know why everyone is making a big deal of it," at the combine that didn't go over too well.

Yakupov, due to communication difficulties, had similar issues and has worked on it a great deal.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
i can see how eichel is more of a sure thing. Playing a simple game....skating hard....playing physical....but mcdavid is like a sphinx or a unicorn////

mcsphinx

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
This is pretty old but don't remember seeing it here before. It's worth a laugh....Maybe they can trade him to Toronto for a bunch of guys....yeah, ok....hahaha...who knew Joe Pesci was such a big hockey fan:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad