Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: McNicknames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
just watched the bob mac interview, and its almost hard to believe how humble the kid is... the crazy part is that everybody who has spent time with him swears up and down that its not an act, and he really is like that

i am REALLY, REALLY trying to keep my cool about him, look at the weak spots of his game, realize that he isn't going to change the oilers fortunes on his own, but man its hard not to get a little carried away reading these articles, lol

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
just watched the bob mac interview, and its almost hard to believe how humble the kid is... the crazy part is that everybody who has spent time with him swears up and down that its not an act, and he really is like that

i am REALLY, REALLY trying to keep my cool about him, look at the weak spots of his game, realize that he isn't going to change the oilers fortunes on his own, but man its hard not to get a little carried away reading these articles, lol

I know depth is key in the NHL, but man adding a 90-100 player (in 2016, 70 next season), will do wonders for the team. Likely 8 point increase in standings just from him

Then you can go down the list of players who hell massively improve from playing with him. Confident yak? maybe he puts up 65-70 next season with McDavid + new coach. Hall? seemed down after this season ended, likely returns to ppg player. RNH? takes some pressure off him, allowing him to continue his upswing. Schultz/klefbom? put them on the PP and watch them rack up points

I was REALLY down on the Oilers after this season ended. Man it looked like Hall was a goner and Eberle would follow suit, both for nothing. McSavior comes in and the house gets cleaned.

I think the idea of playing with a generational talent will get some FAs to sign and some players to take a trade here

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I mean to add pictures to make it like a story book but here's a first draft:

Twas the night before the Draft, when all through the abode
Not an Oiler fan was stirring, not even Trash Boat
The mock drafts were filled out and cleanly aligned
In hopes that awesome prospects soon would be signed

The hosers were passed out snug on the floor
All dreaming of the chosen one that they had prayed for

When straight through the wall flew a wild puck
I sprang from the couch to see what the *****?
Away to the garage I ran lickety split
Swung open the door and said holy *****

There he was, sent straight from heaven
The one whose jersey bore ninety seven

With a little old snapshot, so lively and livid
I knew for sure, ‘twas Connor McDavid

His speed so phenomenal
His senses so exceptional
His skill wonderous
His shot thunderous

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled my wall with puck holes, what a jerk
And laying his phone aside of his ear
He called for his ride and was outta here

I’d never been as hyped as I was that night
If you say draft Eichel, we’ll get in a fight

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
1 reporter doesn't speak for all of Toronto. Settle down.:shakehead

1 reporter? The entire Eastern media has been rubbing their sore bums at one time or another since the lottery. Not to mention the cavalcade of Leafs posters on this board who've taken shot, after shot, after shot.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I think it just might be possible for me to stay awake until Friday. Rather, I don't think I'll be able to sleep till then. This is absurdly amazing. I mean we have 3 first overalls already and tonnes of young talent but this is just ridiculous. ****in, rights, Edmonton! :D

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
So guess Buffalo already released a tweet taking preorders of Eichle jerseys. Wonder how much they are charging for people to rename their McDavid jerseys haha

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
just visited a certain site to get my recommended daily sodium intake and i noticed this gem:

Would be pure gold if he stepped to the podium Saturday to accept the jersey from huge afro Katz kid while wearing sweatpants with dress shoes.

I actually pictured that and it is pretty hilarious. And it's Friday, bub.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
just visited a certain site to get my recommended daily sodium intake and i noticed this gem:

Would be pure gold if he stepped to the podium Saturday to accept the jersey from huge afro Katz kid while wearing sweatpants with dress shoes.

Please no way he gets picked in the first round :sarcasm: Why bother even showing up on the Friday?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Just finished watching a days worth of Bure highlights and man does McDavid remind me of him on the rush. Similar speed and hands

The difference is Mcdavid has the IQ of a Crosby or Gretzky

I haven't watched a lot of McDavid, but from what I have watched and everything I've heard, is that he has the speed and hands of Bure, a very high hockey IQ and has that ability to slow the game down or foresee the play a few seconds in advance that only a select few players have had (Gretzky & Lemieux).

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
I haven't watched a lot of McDavid, but from what I have watched and everything I've heard, is that he has the speed and hands of Bure, a very high hockey IQ and has that ability to slow the game down or foresee the play a few seconds in advance that only a select few players have had (Gretzky & Lemieux).

In my opinion the only thing Bure has on McD is his shot. Once Connor addresses that, he'll be on a whole new level.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Want to make $1,000,000 in 1 days? Sell kleenex tissues downtown Calgary on Friday

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Well, considering it's become the cool thing in recent times to analyse isolated screencaps of McDavid's face, does anybody have any insight into what this might mean? ;)

8YufLRf.png

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012

snag

Feb 22, 2014
never liked people not liking me or hating me for that matter.

But oddly, this hate coming from other markets/fanbases is very.....enjoyable :popcorn:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Well, considering it's become the cool thing in recent times to analyse isolated screencaps of McDavid's face, does anybody have any insight into what this might mean? ;)

8YufLRf.png

960.jpg

"Mr McDavid, your silence will only incriminate you further.... No Mr McDavid don't take your anger out on me! Get back! Get back! Mr McDavid NOOOOOO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad