Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: McNicknames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
I still can't believe we got him

giphy.gif

james-franco-wink.gif

Basically Chia after sitting down with MacT

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
I think that's great of Ference to have McD move in. I mean which other veteran would be better then him? Stanley Cup Winner. Real Classy

I agree. I think it is important that McD has a mentor of sorts that teach him how to transition to the professional game and how to balance that and personal life for the first couple seasons or so. Don't repeat what they did with Hall and Eberle and just let a couple kids do what ever they want without any real guidance.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I agree. I think it is important that McD has a mentor of sorts that teach him how to transition to the professional game and how to balance that and personal life for the first couple seasons or so. Don't repeat what they did with Hall and Eberle and just let a couple kids do what ever they want without any real guidance.

I think Hendricks would be a good guy to live with

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I think that's great of Ference to have McD move in. I mean which other veteran would be better then him? Stanley Cup Winner. Real Classy

That's exactly the reason why i don't see Ference being traded even though so many people on the boards want him gone. Mcdavid is going to need to live with a vet like a Ference. Last thing the Oilers need is to have another Hall/Eberle situation where they were fending for themselves.

Eirhead*

Is Ference really the guy we want him living with? I'm not saying Ference would be a bad influence... But in comparison, Crosby had Lemieux. Where's Gretzky when you need him?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Is Ference really the guy we want him living with? I'm not saying Ference would be a bad influence... But in comparison, Crosby had Lemieux. Where's Gretzky when you need him?

Ference's head seems to be in the clouds 80% of the time. I don't think hockey is his number 1 priority anymore. I feel like Hendricks might be the better choice of who we have on the team right now, but the kid needs some real leaders to look up to.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Man are we getting to...................???

Man are we getting picky........a couple of months ago before we won the lottery we were desperate just to have a decent .500 hockey club......now we are arguing about announcers and who should McDavid live with......what a change since April 18.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Ference has the worst contract on the team - I'd much rather move his *** than keep him as a 'mentor' to McDavid (which I'm not sure he would be that good of anyways, considering McDavid is probably already a better player).

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Ference has the worst contract on the team - I'd much rather move his *** than keep him as a 'mentor' to McDavid (which I'm not sure he would be that good of anyways, considering McDavid is probably already a better player).
We aren't moving him as you said his contract is terrible and I think he has a nmc too right? Even if he doesn't only thing is buy out and tbh I'd rather buy out nikitin if we have to

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I dont mind that idea.

Ference; Hey sleepyhead! I saved you some granola and look I tossed some organic kale in omega 3 fish oil and baked it....kale chips!

McDavid; uh....ok...do you have an dip?

Ference; Connor....you don't need dip! Dip is a crutch.

McDavid; ****. Here we go..

Ference; When was the last time you had some yogurt? Look in the fridge! I have three cartons of soy milk and you havn't touched them!

McDavid; Geez. I've just been busy...is all....

Ference; You were out with that Taylor Hall again, weren't you!!!

McDavid; But he likes me!

Ference; He's just using you!

McDavid; ....

Ference; I'm sorry. Go do your squats.

etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Globe article is cool.

So Gagner met McDavid when he was 14 years old and was blown away.

Also I'm fine with him living with Ference. He is a vet, Stanley Cup winner, and probably has a stable home.

Much better than what we did with Hall/Eberle where they were just rooming together eating Kraft dinner and playing XBox all day.

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
“Afterward, Sam [Gagner] called me,†Jackson says. “He said, ‘You have to find this kid. I have been in the NHL five years, and he can do things I can’t do. His name is David O’Connor.’â€

Hahahaha

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Would it not be the same "pressure" in any other Canadian city?..............Especially in Toronto.....McDavid's home town?

Yes, it would be. Whats your point?

Did you read the article? its not an attack on Edmonton by an eastern journalist. And what about that title is wrong when it comes to the state of our NHL team?

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Yes, it would be. Whats your point?

Did you read the article? its not an attack on Edmonton by an eastern journalist. And what about that title is wrong when it comes to the state of our NHL team?

"McDavid faces enormous pressure in Edmonton, a city desperate for a symbol of hope"............

This is my point........"enormous pressure in Edmonton, a city desperate"?

I am saying ... "Would he not face same pressure in TO" same as in Edmonton and TO has not won in over 45 years?

PS.........I have read the article and you are right it's not a knock on Edmonton. All I am saying is McDavid would have the same pressure in any other Canadian city, not just Edmonton.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Back to the nickname.
Since he wants a nickname including his name, and Connie is a no-go, one would think the boys will follow Hallsy, Ebs, Nuge, Yak, Schultzy et al - and call him Mickey. No unrealistic expectations, no god tier status, just one of the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad