LeBrun: Connor Hellebuyck will not sign a new contract with Winnipeg

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Dude holy shit. How does this keep happening to the Jets? I've heard rumors of a toxic, nightmare culture in the locker room and there's no way this can't true. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times you notice and we're on like the 7th or 8th guy who wants out. It's been like 5 years of this. Burn it down man

Winnipeg fans deserve better

For Hellebuyck, it has nothing to do with the locker room. He says he has accomplished everything except winning a Stanley Cup.

He has lost faith that he can reasonably achieve this in Winnipeg so that’s why he would want to move.

Don’t blame him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I imagine any trade involves the team talking to his agent on what an extension looks like. That could realistically murder trade value, depending on what that is. If the demands are $10mil x 7yrs, I don't see what value they will get. So if Helle wants the desirable location, I imagine that comes with contract compromises. So I guess we'll see which is most important.

I could easily see a conditional 2024 1st. 1st if he resigns, 2nd if he doesn't.

If the Jets are looking to trade PLD, Hellebuyck, and possibly Scheifele, they could get quite a haul of high-round picks. You could honestly easily get a 1st with each if you are willing to take a contract back. You could be looking at a 4 1st round picks draft if you get on the ball.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Are we actually finally going to see Chevy work? I feel like all this guy does is draft and re-sign players

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Are we actually finally going to see Chevy work? I feel like all this guy does is draft and re-sign players
I always wonder what he was done as a GM for the Jets. Seems like a very 'meh' track record for the time he has been there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he wants to win a cup, he isn't going to ask for 10 mil. No contender pays him that.

Someone will. GM's gave Bob and Price $10m contracts. Vasi likely would have been a $10m anywhere else outside of tax free Tampa. He's already the 6th highest paid goalie in the league.

Reactions: Buffdog

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Dude holy shit. How does this keep happening to the Jets? I've heard rumors of a toxic, nightmare culture in the locker room and there's no way this can't true. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times you notice and we're on like the 7th or 8th guy who wants out. It's been like 5 years of this. Burn it down man

Winnipeg fans deserve better
You've got a city that's one of the most undesirable spots in North American sports for a young millionaire. And you've got one of the worst locker rooms in the league lead by world class dickheads like Wheeler and Scheifele. It's no wonder nobody wants to play there

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Would be very difficult for LA to make this work.

His real salary this year is 7.5M, so I doubt Winnipeg wants to retrain.

Pitt seems more likely IMO

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You've got a city that's one of the most undesirable spots in North American sports for a young millionaire. And you've got one of the worst locker rooms in the league lead by world class dickheads like Wheeler and Scheifele. It's no wonder nobody wants to play there
Its actually a miracle (of drafting) that they were as successful as they were for the past decade.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Will be fun to see who returns more, Helle, PLD or Mark.

Likely seals the deal, full rebuild which is my preference anyways.

I'd expect Mark. I'm a vacuum PLD, but given the situation even if he's willing to go to 5 teams I think Scheifele will return more.

Sadly goalies aren't worth too much in trades.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Cool….another player who doesn’t want to play in Canada.

Would love to know how many players in the league refuse to play in Canada.

There is no doubt it’s much harder for a Canadian GM to acquire talent when a good chunk of star players refuse to play in the country. The drought continues….

Especially with the CRA (our IRS for our American friends) now going after one of the ways they lower the taxes they pay here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad