LeBrun: Connor Hellebuyck will not sign a new contract with Winnipeg

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Cool….another player who doesn’t want to play in Canada.

Would love to know how many players in the league refuse to play in Canada.

There is no doubt it’s much harder for a Canadian GM to acquire talent when a good chunk of star players refuse to play in the country. The drought continues….

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

There is no doubt it’s much harder for a Canadian GM to acquire talent when a good chunk of star players refuse to play in the country. The drought continues….

It's why you can't do stupid things as a Canadian GM ... the margins are thinner to begin with, if you're going compound that by making stupid decisions elsewhere, it just makes it that much harder. You got to be on top of your game.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I

Would guess the media and expectations would be the biggest driver.

Reactions: Club

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
That’s a tough one.

About every playoff team should want him for next season but any team that aims to be good for longer than 1-2 years should say no to his next contract
I am not sure that every playoff team should want him for next season.
He was always great during regular season, but was not good in playoffs.
To me he looks like upgraded version of Koprisalo.
I do not think he will be good trade for title contender.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I agree. I know they said they wanted to retool and get some NHL talent back, but it's pretty hard to pull off that many hockey trades with such big pieces. It's going to have to include some futures.

If all three are gone, Ethlers And KC will demand trades bc both said no to a rebuild. I suspect it will all be prospects and futures and picks now.

Love it

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope Jordan Spence is involved in any trade with LA and WPG... LA has a ton of 1 way deals on defense and I wanna see what Spence has got at the NHL level fulltime finally.

Reactions: BatVader and hn777

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really interested to see what the Jets do this summer. Lots of work to do, lots of directions. I’m sure they don’t want to rebuild. But hopefully for their sake they don’t pull a Flames and rush into a bunch of crippling deals for 30 year-olds to try and replace the stars that are gonna have to be dealt.
For the Jets, hard to imagine anyone who is into their UFA status would NOT list Winnipeg as a No Trade Destination. Only ones would not have that protection be the second tier of players, the middle 6 veterans. The key part of the return would be prospects/picks, but get a roster player back to cushion the blow of losing the guys they need to trade.

We all knew going into the off-season, everything for the Jets hinged on whether any or PLD, Helly, Scheiff would sign away any future UFA years as they were all due to be UFA in 2024. Jets can't afford to lose them for nothing. So, have to make the call in 2023.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Yeah, because having the 2nd best goalie in the league locked up long term will really prevent a team from being good.
It is your opinion that Hellebuyck 2nd best goalie in the league.

Judging by his playoff performances he is not even close to be 2nd best goalie in the league.

Reactions: BLNY

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes