LeBrun: Connor Hellebuyck will not sign a new contract with Winnipeg

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Great in regular season average in post season. Go get croissant back and a 5 million dman or forward with money saved and all will be alright

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I wonder if theres a deal to be had around Hellebuyck for Bratt or Meier. Assuming the two european wingers are only after money and would re-sign in Winnipeg.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No other goalie has been as consistently great for as long as Hellebuyck except Vasy. Shesterkin and Sorokin may overtake him soon but they haven't played enough games yet IMO.

Yeah since becoming the Jets fulltime starter in 16/17 he is among goalies with at least 250 games...
2nd in Wins
5th in SV%
1st in Shutouts
1st in games started
1st in total saves
1st in total shots against

Dude is a workhorse who plays more games that any other goalie and is without a doubt the most durable goaltender currently in the league. He hasn't missed a single game due to injury, regularly shakes of any and all collisions and contact.

And this was based on…. writer speculation?

LeBrun, Friedman and Dregs have reported on it now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wonder if theres a deal to be had around Hellebuyck for Bratt or Meier. Assuming the two european wingers are only after money and would re-sign in Winnipeg.

Doubt it, if Helle, PLD and Mark are all gone…..Ehlers and KC will demand out also…..trigger the rebuild.

This is good news IMO

Reactions: hn777

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If I'm Toronto or Edmonton I'd consider bringing him in anyway because you are guaranteed an elite goalie for a year.

It also gives you a year to change his mind.

Both teams have elite offense, neither has elite goaltending.

Hellebyuck to eiter even for a year makes them the favorite

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If I'm Toronto or Edmonton I'd consider bringing him in anyway because you are guaranteed an elite goalie for a year.

It also gives you a year to change his mind.

Both teams have elite offense, neither has elite goaltending.

Hellebyuck to eiter even for a year makes them the favorite

Whoever gives up the best package likely gets him. Neither really have the assets to outspend a lot of other teams so it's unlikely he goes to either.

Doubt it, if Helle, PLD and Mark are all gone…..Ehlers and KC will demand out also…..trigger the rebuild.

This is good news IMO

It's what we want but it's gonna mean dark days ahead.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Whoever gives up the best package likely gets him. Neither really have the assets to outspend a lot of other teams so it's unlikely he goes to either.

It's what we want but it's gonna mean dark days ahead.

Yes, but sooner do that then what the Leafs and Habs did for many years kept running back old worn out teams who were bubble teams year after year

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Not a surprise tbh, time to sell assets for whatever you can get.

Ottawa, Los Angeles should be all over this
No chance Ottawa makes a move for him if Canada seems like a no go. Don’t need to end up with another (potential) DeBrincat situation.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's why you can't do stupid things as a Canadian GM ... the margins are thinner to begin with, if you're going compound that by making stupid decisions elsewhere, it just makes it that much harder. You got to be on top of your game.
On the plus side Canadian teams can still do what Seattle did and give unknowns chances and hope they have untapped potential. Then of course hopefully trade those players before they demand out to.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes, but sooner do that then what the Leafs and Habs did for many years kept running back old worn out teams who were bubble teams year after year

The real problem becomes that we no longer have the float of good players on the roster while rebuilding. Outside of Morrissey sticking around and who knows what his thoughts are on a rebuild, then we may be left with a very bad roster and end up like Edmonton relying on a saviour to pull us out of the slums.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
The real problem becomes that we no longer have the float of good players on the roster while rebuilding. Outside of Morrissey sticking around and who knows what his thoughts are on a rebuild, then we may be left with a very bad roster and end up like Edmonton relying on a saviour to pull us out of the slums.

Then point is to trade away the rest of the good players to lose just like ahabs and leafs did so we get great picks for 2-3 years

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude holy shit. How does this keep happening to the Jets? I've heard rumors of a toxic, nightmare culture in the locker room and there's no way this can't true. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times you notice and we're on like the 7th or 8th guy who wants out. It's been like 5 years of this. Burn it down man

Winnipeg fans deserve better

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Then point is to trade away the rest of the good players to lose just like ahabs and leafs did so we get great picks for 2-3 years

IIF we get great picks. We could just as easily finish last and draft 3rd overall busts year after year.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The good news is that the Habs won't be in on him, which will make threads like this semi-tolerable

As a jets fan, this actually makes me feel relieved. I'm not all that keen on handing out 8 year contract to any 30 year old, him and schief included

He's a perfect fit for a team in whose contending window is the next 3-5 years

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The good news is that the Habs won't be in on him, which will make threads like this semi-tolerable

As a jets fan, this actually makes me feel relieved. I'm not all that keen on handing out 8 year contract to any 30 year old, him and schief included

Leaf fans will though :P

Reactions: SCP Guy and Buffdog

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Dvorak, Kidney and a 2nd for Helle! Or Habs wait a year and GET HIM FOR FREE!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad