LeBrun: Connor Hellebuyck will not sign a new contract with Winnipeg

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Shesterkin >Sorokin> Hellebuyck
This is a joke right? At the time of signing, Sorokin had played 22 NHL games and Shesterkin had 47. This is like saying Hughes is on a 8x8, so that should be plenty to sign any 100 point player in the league.

The comparable for Hellebuyck, at time of signing contract, assuming he has a decent year next year is Bobrovsky. Take into account cap going up, and he should get 10 comfortably.

Reactions: hn777

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
This is a joke right? At the time of signing, Sorokin had played 22 NHL games and Shesterkin had 47. This is like saying Hughes is on a 8x8, so that should be plenty to sign any 100 point player in the league.

The comparable for Hellebuyck, at time of signing contract, assuming he has a decent year next year is Bobrovsky. Take into account cap going up, and he should get 10 comfortably.
Take into account that Hellebuyck is really bad in playoff

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It is your opinion that Hellebuyck 2nd best goalie in the league.

Judging by his playoff performances he is not even close to be 2nd best goalie in the league.
he has a career .916 in the playoffs, some of those years he had horrible defensemen playing in front of him as well... and the only 2 years he was under a .910 was 4 games in the bubble and the 5 games this year vs vegas where we were missing our norris level defensemen for 3 top 6 for a lot of that as well

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think he ends up in LA. Seems a bit convenient it comes out they're not bothering with Korpisalo and this comes out shortly after.

Second pick would probably be Pittsburgh. I know the Michigan connection is right there but he was pretty clear earlier in the year he wants a shot at a cup. Short term these two options are better for that i would think.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Fine, I will say it then...Jets deserve this :dunno:

Yeah f*** us Jets fan in particular. We deserve nothing.

It is your opinion that Hellebuyck 2nd best goalie in the league.

Judging by his playoff performances he is not even close to be 2nd best goalie in the league.

Well we all know Bob is the best goalie in the league then, if we are going by playoff performance only. OR perhaps we take into consideration the entire package of what they have done.

Reactions: hn777

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
His AAV is 6.16 right now, probably would need a raise and 8 years to agree to a deal today. Not many teams would be interested in that I don't think, might return more trade value as a pure rental with 50% retention to a cup contender.

Reactions: kinghock

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My top 5 goalies would include Connor Hellebuyck, I’d say he is more in the 4-5 range not top 3.

I think you can probably argue that there are about 5 goalies at the top of the league right now Vasi, Helle, Sorokin, Shesterkin and Saros with a few more knocking on the door and just need a bit more time to prove it.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Yeah f*** us Jets fan in particular. We deserve nothing.

Well we all know Bob is the best goalie in the league then, if we are going by playoff performance only. OR perhaps we take into consideration the entire package of what they have done.
Quick is 2 wins from his 3rd Cup?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Why not Detroit? He's a Michigan guy isn't he? They could be good soon and definitely need a goalie.
He wants to win a cup and is 30. I'm not sure i'd be hedging my bets on the Wings when you have an up and coming LA potentially a goalie away or Pittsburgh.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
And there should be no confusion about whether Hellebuyck has interest in signing an extension in Winnipeg. That ship has sailed. His next contract will be with a new team.

And this was based on…. writer speculation?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Issues for LA
Cost to acquire
Cost cap wise to re-sign
Fitting the salary this year means retained salary, that seems like WPG's owner wouldn't do.

Vilardi is a non starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad