LeBrun: Connor Hellebuyck will not sign a new contract with Winnipeg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That’s a tough one.

About every playoff team should want him for next season but any team that aims to be good for longer than 1-2 years should say no to his next contract

Reactions: Bleedred

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So jets in rebuild now I guess

Will be fun to see who returns more, Helle, PLD or Mark.

Likely seals the deal, full rebuild which is my preference anyways.

The scary part is all 3 were on the rumour block when it was mentioned that the Jets still want to compete. So no official word yet but all we have to go on says we want to remain competative. Management gonna sink this franchise into the ground.

That’s a tough one.

About every playoff team should want him for next season but any team that aims to be good for longer than 1-2 years should say no to his next contract

Yeah he's gonna want at least $10m, probably at least 6-7 years.

Reactions: hn777 and larmex99
Nov 24, 2006
And there should be no confusion about whether Hellebuyck has interest in signing an extension in Winnipeg. That ship has sailed. His next contract will be with a new team.

Can’t access the article - are there quotes from Helle in there? Or is this just the opinion of the writer?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He'd look really good on a team on the rise like New Jersey, Buffalo, Detroit, or Columbus.

Yeah you'd have to think there will be plenty of interest from many teams. He's gonna want a fat payday to play past this last year of his contract though. Likely in the neighbourhood of $10m per year.

Reactions: Daeavorn and hn777

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Really interested to see what the Jets do this summer. Lots of work to do, lots of directions. I’m sure they don’t want to rebuild. But hopefully for their sake they don’t pull a Flames and rush into a bunch of crippling deals for 30 year-olds to try and replace the stars that are gonna have to be dealt.

Reactions: Rob and hn777

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Hopefully this triggers the full rebuild now, PLD and Helle gone, have to assume Mark would say then I’m not extending. Full rebuild please, huge haul of futures for these guys

I agree. I know they said they wanted to retool and get some NHL talent back, but it's pretty hard to pull off that many hockey trades with such big pieces. It's going to have to include some futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad