Former Bruins Connor Clifton

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
is this going to force us to make an interesting change? im not convinced yet... we are so loaded with established dmen it seems hard for a new kid to break in

the right shot kid I am hoping to see in future is still axel andersson and hes a ways off on the timetable

I see McAvoy/carlo locks unless contract negotiations go horrible...

then the 3rd right shot dmen… to be honest I see a left shot guy in this position... I see chara here... we are breaking a kid like vaatanainen or lauzon or even zboril in next year... who better to partner with then chara but they are all left side dmen

I do see chara coming back and that limits how many kids we can break in

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Has he played anything but a stellar game in a Bruins uniform?

What an unexpected possible dilemma in terms of Dmen. If he stays in, and keeps playing like this...it’s tough to move him out.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I like em

I see next season

Miller Gryz
Carlo Krug
McAvoy Chara

Clifton and Moore rotate the #7

I dont see them rushing Zboril, Lauzon or Vaak. No need to really, let them keep devoloping in Providence in a few years when no more Krug, Moore, Miller and Chara then maybe we will look like

Clifton Zboril
Carlo Lauzon
McAvoy Vaak

#7 Gryz

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think we may see Krug traded in the off season either for an established top 6 forward or draft picks maybe a 1st and 3rd, this would give the B's two first round picks, more cap space and opens the door for a younger guy like Clifton to make the roster. I like what I have seem from Clifton so far and I think he is suited as a 3rd pair D, anything higher may be asking too much from him.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I think its pretty obvious he is ahead of Kampfer right now for that extra right handed defenseman. Does he become waiver eligible next year? If so i expect him to be at minimum the extra defense man next year.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It wouldn't surprise me if Clifton takes Miller's spot after next season. With he, McAvoy, Moore, and a forward on the PP points, I could see Krug being dealt at some point. Something has to give at LD in the next few seasons. Chara may play for another two plus years. Wouldn't surprise me if he plays to 45. If Vaakanainen makes the team withing the next two years. Also Zboril, Lauzon. Something has to give.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wasn't overly impressed with him until last night. He didn't look out of place before or anything like that, but I hadn't really seen him standout. Until last night. He had a very subtle, very smart play last night that won me over.

It was in the offensive zone, he had the puck and was skating along the blue line. Most of the other players would have likely dumped the puck in deep and let the forward try to win the board battle and start the cycle, or dumped it into space along the face off circle. Clifton instead held onto the puck, waited for the new forward to come into the zone (they were in the middle of changing out), and he straddled the line, held the puck until his winger was past the defender, and then he made the pass, but not just to space but on the shooting side of the player, on the tape, and in stride.

It was a little thing that showed me he had some vision and understanding of the game.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Wasn't overly impressed with him until last night. He didn't look out of place before or anything like that, but I hadn't really seen him standout. Until last night. He had a very subtle, very smart play last night that won me over.

It was in the offensive zone, he had the puck and was skating along the blue line. Most of the other players would have likely dumped the puck in deep and let the forward try to win the board battle and start the cycle, or dumped it into space along the face off circle. Clifton instead held onto the puck, waited for the new forward to come into the zone (they were in the middle of changing out), and he straddled the line, held the puck until his winger was past the defender, and then he made the pass, but not just to space but on the shooting side of the player, on the tape, and in stride.

It was a little thing that showed me he had some vision and understanding of the game.

I remember that play.

He likes to jump in and make a play. Also plays bigger than his size, another diamond in the rough it seems.

Keeper.

Reactions: LSCII

BruinsNetwork

At least one person earlier in this thread said they saw some Andy Ference in his game

I can see it

Tweeted these in May and November. Still can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a player improve this dramatically and rapidly. At the start of last season, he was shaky and choppy, to which I felt the same of his skating. As the games went on, so did his development. What a find by Sweeney and the Bruins.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I like em

I see next season

Miller Gryz
Carlo Krug
McAvoy Chara

Clifton and Moore rotate the #7

I dont see them rushing Zboril, Lauzon or Vaak. No need to really, let them keep devoloping in Providence in a few years when no more Krug, Moore, Miller and Chara then maybe we will look like

Clifton Zboril
Carlo Lauzon
McAvoy Vaak

#7 Gryz

Uh, this is the strangest way I have ever seen a Top 6 defensive core done. Why is everything upside down?

Reactions: veganbruin

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Krug, Miller, and Kuhlman. Pretty good record with the college UFAs. While Clifton was drafted, he pretty much fits in this group.

Well done, Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
is this going to force us to make an interesting change? im not convinced yet... we are so loaded with established dmen it seems hard for a new kid to break in

the right shot kid I am hoping to see in future is still axel andersson and hes a ways off on the timetable

I see McAvoy/carlo locks unless contract negotiations go horrible...

then the 3rd right shot dmen… to be honest I see a left shot guy in this position... I see chara here... we are breaking a kid like vaatanainen or lauzon or even zboril in next year... who better to partner with then chara but they are all left side dmen

I do see chara coming back and that limits how many kids we can break in

I`m one who is very risk averse, call me Claude Julien Lite so I`m with you there, while I absolutely love this kids motor, when it comes to young players, especially D-men, I am always more in favor with being far less cautious to hand them something too early.

He`s played very well in his games with the B`s this year but I think it`s too easy to watch him play and get excited about some of the things he tries to do to create offense and ignore some of his defensive plays. Hasn`t been burned badly by his decision making yet but I`d be a touch worried about his discipline in the heat of a playoff series if it comes to it at this point.

All that said, I am exceptionally encouraged by his play and excited about the young D the B`s have both in Boston and Providence, setting themselves up nicely for the future.

My only concern is Lauzon`s health, really liked the kids game when he was leaned on early this year, really hope the kid can get to a point where he can play healthy

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If people seen him in Providence, they would be even happier. I totally like his style down there. Takes charge of the ice and players. Big time leader IMO. Loved the Clifton Vac duo.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think he'll have much problem replacing Kevan Miller and his mysterious "injury" next season. I think it was time to move on from him last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad