Former Bruins Connor Clifton

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It doesn’t hurt as much as it tells you the true value of these types of stats.

I mean it’s red because it’s small sample size. I think fancy stats don’t account or track for quality of competition well but I don’t think that pointing out “why he has done well I limited minutes, isn’t that funny.” means jack.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think we may see Krug traded in the off season either for an established top 6 forward or draft picks maybe a 1st and 3rd, this would give the B's two first round picks, more cap space and opens the door for a younger guy like Clifton to make the roster. I like what I have seem from Clifton so far and I think he is suited as a 3rd pair D, anything higher may be asking too much from him.

This may prove the case. I love Torey, but as noted in another thread, the Bruins could receive very good value in trading him *after the playoffs, after next season.* If another poster is to be believed, as I'm too lazy, Torey at that point will be 29. He'll want his payday, and the Bruins may seek equal or better value.

The game is (or will be) afoot. Torey fan regardless.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
IF Chara is retained for another season I see him mentoring Clifton. McAvoy has graduated and could be paired with a stay-at-homer like Vaakanainen. Carlo-Krug good for partners, then Z and Clif for the third pairing. Miller traded for a pick.

Reactions: wintersej

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Saw a lot of this kid when he was at my alma mater (Quinny). Like his game.

As huge of a Miller fan as I have been, this kid could snag his spot. Not the same player, less of a pugilist, but he’s bringing it shift after shift.

Reactions: Dr Hook

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Love the way he drives the play. Perfect #6 guy either next year or the year after if they can keep him in the fold. They were saying on the radio last night that he never watched much hockey growing up and never cared for any of the awesome Devils d-men. What’s wrong/right with this kid?

Reactions: Dr Hook

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
seemingly nothing, other vegan Bruins fan. I just hope the team doesn't see Miller as disposable like some fans do. I got a lot of crap for calculating a high overall output rating for Clifton in his earlier stints, but he has had a great season in Boston.

Reactions: veganbruin

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Saw a lot of this kid when he was at my alma mater (Quinny). Like his game.

As huge of a Miller fan as I have been, this kid could snag his spot. Not the same player, less of a pugilist, but he’s bringing it shift after shift.

He brings a nice physical element even if he isn't quite in Miller's league with it. I am impressed- he is earning a spot in the top 6 so far. Boston could have the youngest and best D corps in the league, quite a feat to pull off.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
seemingly nothing, other vegan Bruins fan. I just hope the team doesn't see Miller as disposable like some fans do. I got a lot of crap for calculating a high overall output rating for Clifton in his earlier stints, but he has had a great season in Boston.

Miller is certainly not disposable and quite important however a gradual transition to Clifton as a bottom pairing RHD might be warranted in the next 1-2 seasons.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Miller is certainly not disposable and quite important however a gradual transition to Clifton as a bottom pairing RHD might be warranted in the next 1-2 seasons.

I think it'll be quicker than that.

I like Clifton he's a better skater, puck handler and checker than Miller today. Miller maybe stronger and can bring some pugilist to the game but Clifton is apparently pretty strong himself and can deliver some punishing body checks. I also like the way he jumps up into the play at times.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Disagree. What makes Miller not disposable? Perhaps his injury history would deter some teams from pursuing him. But he could bring back a third if he recovers and has a healthy conclusion to his season.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I think it'll be quicker than that.

I like Clifton he's a better skater, puck handler and checker than Miller today. Miller maybe stronger and can bring some pugilist to the game but Clifton is apparently pretty strong himself and can deliver some punishing body checks. I also like the way he jumps up into the play at times.

Well the coaching staff seems to like him so you might be right. Cassidy was having a hard time containing himself last night. Basically if this team didn’t have high expectations my guess is that he would be playing over Miller regardless now.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Well the coaching staff seems to like him so you might be right. Cassidy was having a hard time containing himself last night. Basically if this team didn’t have high expectations my guess is that he would be playing over Miller regardless now.

I wouldnt be surprised if clifton gets playoff time this year. Thats how much i think the coaching staff likes him.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Disagree. What makes Miller not disposable? Perhaps his injury history would deter some teams from pursuing him. But he could bring back a third if he recovers and has a healthy conclusion to his season.

Better than a 3rd. A 2nd or player equivalent to that value.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think its pretty obvious he is ahead of Kampfer right now for that extra right handed defenseman. Does he become waiver eligible next year? If so i expect him to be at minimum the extra defense man next year.

pretty sure he signed his nhl deal last spring (he was playing on an AHL contract before that), which means
this is his 1st pro season. i don't think he'd be waiver eligible for a few more years actually (barring him playing
a ton of NHL games next year).

he's been the most impressive prospect for me with regards to his progression. went from
generally an afterthought to legit prospect to potential top 4 defenseman one day.

False Start

May 8, 2018
A second or a third return for him. He is definitely disposable.

I would send him as bait for a real player.

My bad didn't see you were talking Miller.

I'd trade Clifton right now because why not. Him a forward prospect and a pick for a legit NHler would be worth it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I'd trade Clifton right now because why not. Him a forward prospect and a pick for a legit NHler would be worth it.

Well they don't have a lot of cap room, and certainly not a lot to send a cheap good player, a good prospect and a pick to get a "real player" where most likely your "real player" is making 6 mil a year or more like "real player"s do

I might consider moving Miller if I could get some real value for him. Wonder if they could bring Quaider home as the #7 defenseman to bring a physical element when needed, and have Clifton as a regular

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Go shake your head.He is 23 and has played great.How bout we move a guy in 30s like Miller instead

Reactions: Ratty

False Start

May 8, 2018
Go shake your head.He is 23 and has played great.How bout we move a guy in 30s like Miller instead

The reason you trade him is because he has some perceived value. And we have depth on defense.

He's like the 8th defenseman on the depth chart. You all are falling in love way too fast over a small sample size.

And I like Clifton and his game.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The reason you trade him is because he has some perceived value. And we have depth on defense.

He's like the 8th defenseman on the depth chart. You all are falling in love way too fast over a small sample size.

And I like Clifton and his game.

Couldn't you say that you're doing the same thing with his value? Clifton doesn't have that much experience. Is he really a guy that moves the needle in a deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad