Connor Brown

Shwaguy*

I think Brown could very well be good enough to make a good NHL team next year. He can prove that in Camp.

Gloob

Nov 14, 2009
I don't disagree with any of that. Never did. That's all a part of determining if they are ready.

The only thing different about what I think is that I'm open to the possibility that they might take strides over the summer and be ready, while other are completely denying the possibility, and are really angry with me for suggesting it.

I think everyone's just ready to bit at each other after this season. We have a culture of anger, frustration, and lack of patience, and it's started to be with each other. As fans we kind of suck.

I appreciate people posting their opinions and invite them to do so, even if they think we should ice a team of 27 Colton Orrs.

Shwaguy*

Also, who was the last prospect we rushed since Schenn anyways? And even in that case Schenn was going to be a bust regardless.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
MacWilliam is a 7th guy, worse than Holzer, I dont see much value in him but I do like his character.

Percy will be a 2nd pairing guy, no idea what your talking about his speed is one of his assets - He is still developing, needs more time.

Loov is a beast, I like him on that bottom pairing some day - I think he needs another year on the marlies though

Percy is a below average skater for the nhl. He has an outstanding first pass and will no doubt improve over time but he had trouble with speedy forwards in his nhl stint.

Long term he could be a top 4 d man but it might take another year in the minors.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
MacWilliam is a 7th guy, worse than Holzer, I dont see much value in him but I do like his character.

Percy will be a 2nd pairing guy, no idea what your talking about his speed is one of his assets - He is still developing, needs more time.

Loov is a beast, I like him on that bottom pairing some day - I think

he needs another year on the marlies though

Holzer was ready for the nhl and played well this season. It's unfortunate timing that they couldn't re-sign him but obviously he wanted out of the circus atmosphere

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
If they are ready for the NHL let them play in the NHL. The only caveat is if they are only going to be seeing 5 mins of ice per game I would rather they see 20 + mins in the AHL or Junior.

You can't base their progression on predetermined age.

JMilne*

i have been a big Connor brown believer for the last 4 years , some people said he had lucky seasons in the OHL as an Erie otter. He has proven time and time again that it's not luck that he brings to his game its a high skill level and a great Hockey IQ . What my understanding is that The leafs have same bad seeds in their bunch and they are waiting to trade / get rid of them before bringing up Players like BROWN i guess you can say you don't want them to infect young talent like Brown with poor playing style / laziness. (i dont want to start naming players you can guess who or disagree with me that's fine). GETTING TO MY QUESTION , Do you think Connor Brown will Play as a Leaf in the NHL next year , Yes or no , and why?

JMilne*

I really think he needs to work on his skating tbh... Definitely has top 6 potential though. Keep him in the A

I totally agree with you on this , this is the weakness skill he possesses is his skating , but with work he will improve , i see everyones point and i understand not to rush him and just let him stay in the AHL for another year and see where that leads him. i think he will be a top 6 for sure one day!

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Also, who was the last prospect we rushed since Schenn anyways? And even in that case Schenn was going to be a bust regardless.

Even with hindsight Schenn wasnt even that bad of a pick. Its not like any of the next 6 picks are first liners/top pairing defenceman.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Didn't think he would have this much impact so quickly, best player on the marlies ATM.

Never would have thought Brown would pass Leivo in that regard, why not give him a look?

I guess you werent paying attention when I was pumping his tired way back ;)

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
To be fair, every prospect has somebody around here pumping their tires and telling others to "trust me".

humility inst something most possess on this forum

they are all pro scouts that nail every assessment, didn't you know?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
humility inst something most possess on this forum

they are all pro scouts that nail every assessment, didn't you know?

I sure do, thanks for noticing. Brown is a great prospect. The last 2 years have been brilliant.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
No prospect is going to learn much on a horrible. Nhl squad next year. Let them Al develop jn the ahl for a few yrs then bring up 6 rookies at once

I don't understand this sentiment were going to be a bad team till our prospects get good enough to pull us out of the bottom, were not going to bring in a team that's decent and then start bring up the prospects, most of these guys first year in the NHL will be on a bad team, there's also a learning curve to go through even from the AHL to the NHL why not get the first bit out of the way in the bad year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't understand this sentiment were going to be a bad team till our prospects get good enough to pull us out of the bottom, were not going to bring in a team that's decent and then start bring up the prospects, most of these guys first year in the NHL will be on a bad team, there's also a learning curve to go through even from the AHL to the NHL why not get the first bit out of the way in the bad year.

There are bad teams then there are the complete dysfunctional teams like the leafs. Guys waiting to be traded or not knowing if their careers are ending. It's just a bad scene especially next year.

The easiest way to get stability is to get grab a bunch of defensive types, your Santas and Winniks and do what Dallas did a few years back. They called them a team of discards because that's all they had. Surprisingly I think that team ended up being a fringe team that season. It became easier to integrate kids after that point.

Once you establish that, then you can start pulling up guys like Brown. If the leafs are stable and the kid is deserving I am fine with it.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
There are bad teams then there are the complete dysfunctional teams like the leafs. Guys waiting to be traded or not knowing if their careers are ending. It's just a bad scene especially next year.

The easiest way to get stability is to get grab a bunch of defensive types, your Santas and Winniks and do what Dallas did a few years back. They called them a team of discards because that's all they had. Surprisingly I think that team ended up being a fringe team that season. It became easier to integrate kids after that point.

Once you establish that, then you can start pulling up guys like Brown. If the leafs are stable and the kid is deserving I am fine with it.

So it's April 17, and you already know how the 2015-16 Leafs roster is going to look on opening night.

Got it.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Win lottery= draft mcDavid

Trade Bernier, Phaneuf + NSH 25th pick for EDM 4th pick, Draft Strome

Erie unite: McDavid, Strome, Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad