Connor Brown

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
He needs more than this season with the Marlies. No reason whatsoever to call him up. If trades are made, there'll be players coming back anyway

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Plenty of players too call up instead of him. Leivo, Frattin, Abbott, McKegg, Kozun, Bodie, etc.

Yes he's playing well, and probably deserves a callup, but we need to lose. Let him develop for the rest of the year, and maybe he gets a shot next year.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs should try and get Andre Burakovsky

Maybe bozak for burak + cap dump

wrong thread :p:

edit: Or does this have something to do with reuniting Brown and Burakovsky? Might want to have mentioned that if so, it's very vague

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Plenty of players too call up instead of him. Leivo, Frattin, Abbott, McKegg, Kozun, Bodie, etc.

Yes he's playing well, and probably deserves a callup, but we need to lose. Let him develop for the rest of the year, and maybe he gets a shot next year.

ya we do have others to call up 1st:nod: i guess save them for next year under babcock as the coach:nod::)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have a feeling he is staying the whole season in the AHL. If the Leafs wanted to call him up I think they would have, however it maybe limited but other players like Frattin, Leivo, Abbott, McKegg, Kozun and Bodie have more NHL experience, so I think that's what the Leafs will want. Plus I think after the trade deadline teams are allowed only three more recalls from the AHL, so that will also play a factor.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Until the current leadership core is removed I do not want any prospects with actual upside to be on the Maple Leafs. Need the young players to grow and learn together on the Marlies, so they ALL can exhibit leadership, heart, and professionalism when they reach the Maple Leafs.

This would include Leivo, Percy, Loov, and of course Connor Brown. I would even be hesitant to call up Carrick. Also upset Granberg is being yo-yoed while being exposed to a horrible character players and atmosphere.

Only call up the crap players like Frattin, Bodie, and yes Orr and Mclaren.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What is this 1984 or 2015?

I thought it was 1841? :amazed:

Sorry, some of us who don't watch much CHL at all forget who played where at times, I forgot Burakowsky was in Erie for a year, forgetting that, his post had nothing to do with Brown to me ;)

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Been watching the Marlies a lot more since Snizzbone moved over.

Brown is an interesting prospect worth keeping an eye on. Scored a laser beam off the rush tonight.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He's fine where he is. He's developing, no reason to disturb this.

This line of thinking does make me laugh a bit - we hear it a lot. Shelter prospects and keep them away from a losing situation, etc.

Can we all just acknowledge that a young kid getting a few games in the NHL, win or lose, isn't going to be some massive disaster to his development lol?

Final 9 games of the season, call both Nylander & him up and let them end the season here with a taste. What's so bad about or disruptive about that?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
This line of thinking does make me laugh a bit - we hear it a lot. Shelter prospects and keep them away from a losing situation, etc.

Can we all just acknowledge that a young kid getting a few games in the NHL, win or lose, isn't going to be some massive disaster to his development lol?

Final 9 games of the season, call both Nylander & him up and let them end the season here with a taste. What's so bad about or disruptive about that?
Allow them to focus on making some noise with the Marlies. I just don't see any point in calling these guys up for the **** storm that'll be the end of this season.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

For one thing, the Marlies might be fighting to make the playoffs towards the end of the season. I'd rather see Nylander and Brown, etc, be top players on the Marlies down the stretch, trying to lead them to the playoffs. That, to me, would be a better situation for our young players than getting a cup of coffee in a couple of meaningless end of season games.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Allow them to focus on making some noise with the Marlies. I just don't see any point in calling these guys up for the **** storm that'll be the end of this season.

A taste of the NHL, in a low-pressure, low-expectation setting, as a reward for playing well throughout the season = the point.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Didn't think he would have this much impact so quickly, best player on the marlies ATM.

Never would have thought Brown would pass Leivo in that regard, why not give him a look?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I really think he needs to work on his skating tbh... Definitely has top 6 potential though. Keep him in the A

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
For one thing, the Marlies might be fighting to make the playoffs towards the end of the season. I'd rather see Nylander and Brown, etc, be top players on the Marlies down the stretch, trying to lead them to the playoffs. That, to me, would be a better situation for our young players than getting a cup of coffee in a couple of meaningless end of season games.

It's a fair point.

I'd argue against those games neon meaningless though. Young hockey players just getting a taste of NHL hockey isn't meaningless.

In much the same way i feel like ppl are over-valuing the impact of throwing kids into bad situations, I think many are under-estimating how crucial that first taste of the NHL can be to a young kid's drive & ambition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad